Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

Power to the Plastic ! ( 1/56 figure kit bashes )

<< < (2/11) > >>

ultravanillasmurf:
Embarrassing.

Yes, I have mixed up the lieutenant and one of the NCOs. Left hand figure above. I need to re-photograph them and also the SAS with the K-Gun stand in (MG-42 I think). The lieutenant at least has the right magazine pouch.

I was going for the B-Movie vibe, you are correct about the pouches but then they have infinite repeater magazines ^__^.

ripley:
They look really good . Oh yes those special magazines that never run out ammo LOL . A lot like all those  German troops with MP38 machine pistols  and rifle ammo pouches . As kid you never even looked twice , you just drank in the action . Aside from the German grey painted M-47 Patton tanks , the infinite repeating magazines and  men in rubber monster suits those 60s B movies weren't too bad  . Wouldn't a Russian DP-28 machine gun and a Bren kit bash solve your K gun problem , or is the pancake magazine too big . Always fun to try and kit bash weapons from the variety we have in plastic to make something new .

I decided I wanted a Para Panzerschek team , in plastic . Checking out the US weapons sprue , I found a Bazooka , upon checking for scale I found it was too long ! But just the right length for the German weapon , So I trimmed off all the detail , added plastic bits and a wire ( paperclip ) shoulder rest , then the front blast shield was a thin square  with some strips glued on . I even added glass (white glue , dries clear )to the sight hole . Then it was find arms that sort of work , green stuff the gaps and add paint . Toyed with trying to make the wooden back pack for extra rounds but with only having 2 rockets I put one in the loaders hand and one on the base

I think the rear of the Bren and barrel of the DP might work , but you'll need to find a magazine

ultravanillasmurf:
There are spare mags on the Warlord Soviet weapon sprue (plus potentially spare K guns in OGH's Commonwealth Jeep kit).

ultravanillasmurf:
Nice Panzerschreck. Great conversion.

ripley:
Thanks . The Russian pancake mag for the DP will be too big , maybe use the drum mag off that odd looking PPD sub machine gun ( part L ) . Your going to have to cut it up but its an ugly little gun so no loss .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version