Rubicon Models > Wish Lists

Modified hulls and other "small" variations

(1/2) > >>

ultravanillasmurf:
The discussion on the JPanzer 38 thread relating to the the proposed Recce version upper hull has promoted a number of other ideas by my fellow contributers.

I just thought that a wishlist thread might be a better place.

I was thinking of variants where the component change was minimal, similar to the JPanzer 38. So a Priest conversion would not fit, but an ARV or BARV would (even though the latter is a new hull or large overlay).

Next post is something that went through my head last night.

ultravanillasmurf:
On a similar theme to the JPanzer 38, how about a DD Sherman hull, with either a new upper hull with the screen mounting or replacement of the sand skirt fitting. A deployed floatation screen might be interesting, but possibly not much use.

A waterline version, with abbreviated hull and screens would be useful. There would be a lot of artistic licence over how much hull was supplied.

ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: tyroflyer on December 20, 2017, 07:25:24 am ---I posted the following during the Panzer IV discussion. If this is the sort of thing you have in mind I'll be very pleased.

I wonder whether it would be possible to modify it via an expansion kit to make an Ausf C. I think 3 small pieces would correct the turret (new mantlet and side access hatches). The hull machine gun would need to be removed and replaced with a plate that is flat with the driver's. The real tanks were a centimetre different in width (nothing in 1/56 scale).

--- End quote ---

ultravanillasmurf:

--- Quote from: Jaeger on December 20, 2017, 07:59:31 am ---With the many comments about Bergpanzers how many components of them we common to all.
Is the anchor spade on the  Berg Panther the same as the FAMO and the Bergpanzer 38t?
Did the Berg Panzer and Berg Panther use the same Boom pieces?  Would they fit on the Panther G turret?
The Berg Panzer III, the Berg Panzer IV and Berg Panther had a wooden superstructure, could an expansion kit supply the pieces to build one of them.  Don't forget the winch.
Also common between them are timbers, block and tackle, cables, tools and part crates.
The M32/M32B1 Tank Recovery Vehicle could be an upgrade kit for Shermans like the ones done for German halftracks.
Or a BARV  or M31/M31B1/M31B2 .
Just a thought.

--- End quote ---

elias.tibbs:
DD tanks has a completely different lower hull which also affects the mid/top of the hill too. As well as the screen.

I think that’s more of a new kit than an expansion.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version