Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

280014/280015 Panther Ausf A/D/G Revisited - New Tooling 180123

<< < (6/6)

Ballardian:

Excellent stuff, it's good to see the older models getting entirely logical 'upgrades' as bits from other vehicles based on the same chassis appear. Very pleased to see the more detailed tracks & the multiple exhaust types (wish I'd had the larger Flammvernichter to hand for a bunch of recent projects) plus the new barrel is a significant improvement, (I'd also thought 'Cuckoo' would be a fun modelloing project).

elias.tibbs:
Tracks, it is very rare for a model company to go back and fix something that they or their customers weren’t happy about.

Rubicon have proved multiple times (Sherman, T34, panzer 4, panzer 3, panther) that they’re willing to go back and either start again (Sherman, panzer 4)  or just change small bits of the frame (t34, panther).

I applaud their efforts in this and their openness on kit development and although I also would like to see more kits, I also understand their need to go back and revisit things with new techniques.

Tracks:

--- Quote from: elias.tibbs on January 24, 2018, 01:39:13 am ---I applaud their efforts in this and their openness on kit development and although I also would like to see more kits, I also understand their need to go back and revisit things with new techniques.

--- End quote ---

I agree, and I too applauder their efforts and their openness. Do not get me wrong, I'm not against this new "Panther Ausf A/D/G Revisited - New Tooling" project. I fully support it. However, at the same time I wonder if this will delay releases of any new great kits that RM are going to produce. In short, I would prefer seeing a new kit like a SdKfz 10 Halftrack or something then a revisited Panther.

I guess I might be somewhat bias because I already have their current Panther kits, and I do not see myself buying the new "revisited" Panther kit. Probably because I'm not that much of a perfectionist when it comes to gaming models.

ultravanillasmurf:
From what I understand, the bottlenecks are the manufacturing of moulds, the "new" Panther sprue is part of the Jagdpanther sprue set so is "free" in terms of mould manufacture time (though it will have effects on mould life as it is doing double duty).

Design wise, it would have added a bit of time, but not much (the Jagdpanther being based on the Panther probably saved more time). The joys of CAD/CAM combined with 3D printing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version