Author Topic: M24 Chaffee?  (Read 4389 times)

billybilly

• Cadet
    • View Profile
M24 Chaffee?
« on: August 05, 2017, 04:58:25 am »
Cant seem to really find any in table top/ 1/56 scale might be a good offering.. but it is another US tank.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: M24 Chaffee?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:27:20 am »
I assume you mean in plastic, the usual suspects have resin ones.

billybilly

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 10:38:50 am »
Yeah I plastic, the resin kits just font look great and it's resin, I don't like resin.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 05:27:17 pm »
Depends on the resin (and the quality of the masters).

I have never had an issue with the fit of Empress (ex-Imprint) modern resins and I do not remember an issue with the Warlord M24, but I have a box of various resins from various manufacturers which I cannot summon the enthusiasm to straighten or fill.

Currently rebuilding the track for a Hydra Tank for Weird War, because the track moulding is extremely sloppy. I am recording the process for a later blog post.

It does get the question what resin will Our Gracious Hosts use?

I particularly like the (what looks like metal filled) resin that Empress use for their own products. Did Waffenkammer resin is nice and straight but does not seem to reliably take Citadel Chaos Black under coat.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 06:20:13 pm »
You can be sure that Rubicon resin casts will be excellent.  I've seen some of what they can do, and it's better than most of what's out there.  Although I won't be getting any (unless they branch out into accessories or scenery), as I don't like resin vehicles. 

An M24 would be cool, although it's kind of a bland looking vehicle.  It'd be a nice compliment to the M4A3E8.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 09:02:02 am by Pinky »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2017, 10:40:51 pm »
The Neucraft resin kits that Rubicon took over are very well cast . Don't have one , but one of the guys at the LHS does . Hopefully Rubicon will use the same brand / type of resin , and not use the original molds past their self life . That's the real problem with RTV molds , they tend to wear out much sooner than molds made for plastics  . And as we know , some companies keep flogging that dead horse  ::). But judging from Rubicon's quality control and their re working of earlier kits to a higher standard , I can't see them putting out less than as perfect product as they are able .

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2017, 11:39:43 pm »
The Neucraft resin kits that Rubicon took over are very well cast . Don't have one , but one of the guys at the LHS does . Hopefully Rubicon will use the same brand / type of resin , and not use the original molds past their self life . That's the real problem with RTV molds , they tend to wear out much sooner than molds made for plastics  . And as we know , some companies keep flogging that dead horse  ::). But judging from Rubicon's quality control and their re working of earlier kits to a higher standard , I can't see them putting out less than as perfect product as they are able .

Rest assured we will do everything possible to make sure we continue and maintain Neucraft quality.  We actually had refined some of the details and out look of the original model to make them more historically accurate, we also make new moulds for them as well.  Once the moulds are done, we will do some test castings and proceed to commercial production once QC is passed.