Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

Sherman US medium tank company project

<< < (2/5) > >>

Tracks:
Nice collection.

SheriffSherman:
Taking inspiration from Elias, I’m slowly making progress on my rubicon sherman collection.  My goal is to make them as specific as possible to either an actual photo, battle, or campaign.  That said, I don’t want to go “rivet counter” on these little guys.   I just want to approximate some of the details from the original tanks.

This one is my Israeli M1 what the IDF called the “super sherman”   I used the M4A3E8 and M4A1 76mm kit with some minor conversion needed for the sand shield mudguard piece to make the hull fit, otherwise it was easy swap of parts.  The rest of the M4A3E8 kit became a donor for the Jumbo conversion.

I’m still working on the smoke dischargers and other details...

This one will become “cobra king first in bastone” from the battle of the bulge and I used the excellent resin set plus the M4A3E8 I mentioned above as donor kit.

SheriffSherman:

This is my “El Alamein” known as Sherman II in brit service and represents the debut of shermans in WW2.  This one required sand skirts from my M4 kit and a bit of modification to create the inside face of the sand shields in the back.

This tank will become “dixie belle” and is from the battle of “kassarine pass” in tunisia, it was the first use of shermans by US forces and these tanks were interesting in that they had round one piece cast FDA on very eary DV hulls, they still had the M3 style suspension but the later FDA gives them an unusual look.

SheriffSherman:

This is my A4 or Sherman V and it will be finished in either Canadian service in italy or in brit service in normandy.

This will be “eternity” from “operation husky” the invasion of sicily.  It’s odd in that these tanks still had 3 piece FDA and M3 style suspensions on a mid production hull.  They also had the early turret with the early mantlet.

SheriffSherman:

This is my “operation cobra” early M4A1 76mm as they were equipped in that battle, they were the first 76mm armed shermans used in WW2 by the US so they had early turrets with the double loader hatch, no vent guard in front hull between the drivers, and no fan at the rear of the turret so I left those items off.  I also added the hedgerow cutter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version