Author Topic: Introduce Yourself Here...  (Read 81788 times)

stigroadie

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself Here...
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2016, 05:11:47 pm »
I'm Sean, known to one and all as Stig and I'm a roadie.
Just starting into the world of Bolt Action and found your kits.
Started with a Stug and 251.
Just ordered a Stowage kit and a Panzer IV 3 pack.
Cant wait for the German crews and some more British vehicles, the CMP will be a great start.
K2 ambulance?

Lovstrom

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2016, 02:15:30 am »
Hello. I am a Swede living in Cyprus
I like to model ww2 tanks and do wargaming.
I would really like it if Rubicon would do infantry.
The various crew models look so good that I have no doubt you can do infantry too.
Sven

Queeg

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • Houseofqueeg
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2016, 02:19:35 pm »
Hi my names Brent and the current hideout is in the shaky but sunny isles of New Zealand.

I've gamed and painted just about every genre and scale but now mostly model what catches my eye for myself and build n paint gaming tat for others. Been watching Rubicon with interest since the start and really pleased with the way the attention to detail and quality has improved but the kits remain buildable by gamers, a hard balance o meet.

Just built my first Rubicon (250alte), first of many hopefully and l'll post it up in the gallery.

cheers
Brent   

bluewolf

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2016, 02:11:36 pm »
Hi,
My name is Craig Stidham and...I am a Bolt-a-holic!

Always looking for fantastic models to add to my expanding Armies.  Currently I have only German (too much good stuff!!)
Anyway, looking for fantastic models to make my existing armies "POP!"

I think I am in the right place :)

Feel free to contact me for gaming in the Nevada County area, Northern California!

Cheers !  8)

Billdozer

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2016, 01:28:54 am »
Hello all!
My name is Bill Harvat and I love Bolt Action!
I live in Omaha, Nebraska and I run a Paint and Play / Campaign / League at the Game Shoppe in West Omaha.

I just recently purchased the M10 Tank Destroyer, the Sherman kit and the stowage kit from Rubicon.
I have yet to assemble the M10 but so far the Sherman is a blast to put together and I really enjoy the model!  The stowage set gives the tank great character and I can't wait to fit it into my Bolt Action army!

If you're in Omaha, NE and looking for a group to play Bolt Action with hit me up!  Also am looking forward to more great Rubicon Models to add to the collection eventually.  Can't wait to see what this forum has in the way of new releases!
Thanks!

Mainly28s

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2016, 06:33:32 am »
Hiya,

Mainly28s here- I've been involved in 28mm/1:56th gaming since he late 90's after switching from 15mm. I go fairly involved in WAB, and then helped Si and Paul publicise Bolt Action Miniatures and made a few masters of vehicles for them. I have a site (sadly long-neglected, but I may start adding new content again next year)- Mainly28s.com

O

The Tightheadprop

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2016, 08:30:01 pm »
Hello,
I am Carsten from Düsseldorf / Germany . My roots are the scale modelling and I jumped more and more to military wargaming in the last years.
I work as a commission painter for military wargaming models and vehicles... I am not a gamer... I love it to build and paint the vehicles.

Greetings Carsten

Marcin

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2017, 06:50:22 pm »
Hi, I'm Marcin from Toruń in Poland. I love IIww models and tabletop strategy games. I'm big fun of your work and your models, and can't wait for more :-) thanks for all your good work!
"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." - G.S. Patton

itchy

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • wargamesandwalking
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2017, 11:44:46 pm »
Hi I am Richard ,just about to start my first Rubicon kit a Panther 

Slickticket

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • My Wargaming/Modeling Blog
« Reply #69 on: February 15, 2017, 06:11:07 am »
Hello All,

I'm Sam and currently living Montana, USA. I have grown up modeling (mostly 1/35th) and after a really long hiatus (re-learning many old and now new techniques) gotten back into modeling by way of historical miniature wargaming. I've been mostly playing Flames of War (15mm), but have been really getting into Bolt Action (28mm) lately - preferring the modeling side of the hobby rather than the  gaming side. I tend to be all over the place with all kinds of hobbies and so I will go long periods of time without progress on some builds while I focus on others. Also, I often do a lot of stuff in large batches, cranking out minis in stages. Being a stickler for historical accuracy, I have been accused of a being a "rivet-counter" in the past. Like most of us, I strive for that perfect balance between accuracy and practicality... :D

peter griffith

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2017, 02:49:58 am »
Good afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,
My name is Peter Griffith.  I am the Rubicon Rep for the East Coast Conventions.  Our very first Con will be Hisoricon this July in Fredricksburg Va.  Come by the booth and visit with us.  We are going to be running some sales each day that we are there.  Come and visit.

Peter Griffith
Rubiconrepusa@gmail.com

peter griffith

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 29, 2017, 08:21:06 pm »
Hello to all.  My name is Peter Griffith and you will see me around here a lot.  I am the US convention rep for Rubicon and we are opening a new market here in the USA by traveling to conventions with our products.  Our very first convention will be Historicon and we are looking forward to that one.  It should bring in close to 3000 people and is the largest in the USA.  The title this year is the YEAR OF THE TANK.  What a theme to mark our first venture.  Look for the big Rubicon banners set up on the center.  I should be right next to Sash and Saber on the first row coming in the door.  I am excited to be able to bring to you coming to the con a great line of models and a chance to meet those whom enjoy the best models out there for gaming or just sitting on a display.  Thank you all for shopping Rubicon.

Peter Griffith
rubiconrepusa@gmail.com

GCmini

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • GameCraft Miniatures
« Reply #72 on: July 14, 2017, 12:31:24 pm »
Hi guys,

My name is Allen Rockwell.  I was a full time professional model maker in the aerospace industry for about 30 years until I sold my company and started GameCraft Miniatures.  GameCraft is a wargaming terrain manufacturing company located in the California desert near Palm Springs,,, and we are also very proud to be a Rubicon dealer.  I discovered Rubicon models fairly recently (in April of this year) and I was blown away by the quality.  I immediately bought a few models at the Little Wars convention in Chicago and after checking out the models carefully I immediately became a Rubicon reseller.  I'm also fairly new to Bolt Action ... I have been a Micro Armor (6mm) gamer since the late 1970's and while I still love Micro Armor, I am really having a good time working on 28mm stuff now and playing Bolt Action whenever I can find time.

My company is at www.gcmini.com

I also do a gaming podcast that you can find at www.InTheGameRoom.com

I don't know what else to say ... if you have questions for me, ask.

Allen Rockwell
Owner, GameCraft Miniatures
www.gcmini.com

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2017, 06:03:59 am »
I am David from Minneapolis Minnesota. I am a long time Armor fan.  In discovering Rubicon I have been impressed with the quality and especially the expansions already released.  I'm looking forward to the expanding product line.

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2017, 07:45:50 pm »
Hello fellow modelers and gamers.

Well, there not much to say about me other than I'm more of a gamer than a modeler. What I mean by that is that now I rarely assemble a model for just display. That being said, I have won model contests back in the days because I was a modeler before I was a gamer.

Believe it or not, I just discovered Rubicon Models and the kits they offer only recently  - about a week ago. Since my local model shops do not carry Rubicon Models, I had to order online from someplace that does have them. I placed my very first order for a few, and I am looking forward to receiving them. I hope they are as good as I have been reading about.