Author Topic: Introduce Yourself Here...  (Read 81818 times)

Tim Young

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Introduce Yourself Here...
« Reply #30 on: November 20, 2014, 06:46:11 pm »
Tim Young  from Tennessee. I have been war gaming for more then 40 years and like many folks here started with Airfix. I am looking forward to seeing what Rubicon will bring us in the gaming community. 

UliW

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2014, 05:39:13 am »
Hello everybody. Greetings from good old Germany.
I was born back in 1971 and am more a modeller than a gamer... unless Bolt Action crossed my path. I haven't played a single game yet, but my workbench is crowded with 28mm stuff right now.
Those new "Rubicons " seem to be a good start as far as I can see. :)
More to come soon

Cheers

SteveG

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2014, 03:56:05 am »
Hi All,
Steve from Cleveland Ohio...pushing 50 and love  pushing toys around even more.  Just "pre-ordered" an M4, t-34, and my all time favorite tank, the PzIII from Michigan Toy Soldier co.  (along with a swell 20% discount  WOOT!)  Looking forward to using these in Bolt Action Tank War!

Blues

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2014, 08:50:00 pm »
Hello everyone!

I'm Blues, 31, from Spain. I started playing Blood Bowl 15 years ago. I got some 40k figures then, I sold them in their sprues 10 years later.

I haven't played a BA game yet, but I love ww2 history (I love history, actually). I visited Normandy a couple years ago.

I'm building Red Devils, some Wermacht and SS, and I'll get some British Infantry and use them as Canadian Scottish regiment. I have no tanks, so Rubicon should be a good place to start.

Cheers!

S for Shrek

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2014, 03:07:47 am »
Hello Folks,

I'm Julian and I live in the UK. I've always been interested in tanks and I started off wargaming with them in about 1980. I dabble in other historical periods, but WW 2 is my favourite. I'm currently recruiting a 28mm British force for Bolt Action and some 20mm Italians for Rapid Fire. It's always good to see a new manufacturer emerge, especially one with very high standards like Rubicon- please keep up the great work, folks!

Hollander

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Hollander here
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2014, 06:03:47 am »
Hi, I'm Hollander , born 1965, wargaming since 1980, played most if not every period / variant / type of wargaming. including Reforger 1988 (Free Lion) on the North german plain as a Sgt Squad (of if you so prefer section) leader in a  light infantry company. (All Landrovers, FN-MAG, FN-FAL, uzi, 2"mortars and stuff. I plan to build and game with it someday but can't decide if should build it in 28mm or 15mm.. maybe both?

Currently I'm into Chain of Command  from the LARDIES in 15mm scale and building a 28mm force (germans/russians and some US) slow progress, I get distracted by my family, work, PC wargames(Flashpoint Campaigns anyone?) besides that  I ride a BMW R1200 GS Adventure as an instructor teaching other riders to improve their riding skills during track days. 

Besides the more "historic" wargaming like WW2 and darkages (SAGA) I also play around with SF, Steampunk and near future what if and Post apocolypse games.. mad Max 2, The road warrior, made quite an impression and desolate deserts and shanty towns are fun to build and it's even more fun to kitbash 1/64 "dark future car wars" vehicles.

That's me in a nutshell.

oh.. I'm Dutch and live in a polder some meters below sealevel on the bottom of what was formerly known as "the Zuiderzee"

Cheers,

Hollander     

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 06:08:40 am by Hollander »

Victor Mª Sanz-Yrazu

• Cadet
    • View Profile
    • Victor Mª Sanz-Yrazu Echevarria Modelismo
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2014, 10:53:27 pm »
Hello everyone.

I am Victor and I live between Asturias and the Basque country in northern Spain.
First of all, I'm not a player, I'm a modeler.
I was born in '62, and I think more or less in '63 and I started building models...
I'm a designer, but for years I work as a  professional modeller, especially works for ethnographic and archeological museums, and in this activity I try to use the 28mm scale.
In my role as hobby I like IIWW era, vehicles, soldiers dioramas... Also I make some IWW Middle age and IWW/steampunk fantasy 
For me it was great news to find Rubicon Models, and although I have not yet acquired any hope to do soon.
Plastic tanks 1/56 ... a dream!

Cheers.
Victor.

vladgothic

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 09:51:18 pm »
Hello all

Mid forties old goth, modelled and wargamed for years on and off and recently formed a growing interest in 28mm WW2, discovered Rubicon on facebook and thought sovery impressed with the end user dialogue more companies should take this approach I would take a look at the forums  :)

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2015, 11:59:44 pm »
hi all
new member joined last week.
also a trader starting to stock these great rubicon models.
hoping to do a load of accessories for them in resin and metal
thanks
shaun

Klank

• Cadet
  • Why stop now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 24, 2015, 03:55:18 pm »
Greetings. I play BA in 15mm and I was waiting for more 1/56 plastic models to get into the market before I did the 28mm dive.

I'm thinking Rubicon is the way to go.
Klank

Adrek

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2015, 04:30:07 am »
Hi All.

So, a bit about me... Well, let's see; I'm a wargamer, obviously, and have been for more years than I like to admit. I'm resident close to Doncaster in the U.K. Became hooked on Bolt Action a couple of years ago within five minutes of playing my first game.

The last two years I've been part of a demo group for Warlord Games taking Bolt Action round various other gamers & groups  wanting to learn how to play -  and also providing Bolt Action participation games for the public around various wargames shows. You'll recognise my group if we're doing demo games at shows as we all wear various WWII uniform. In fact most people remember the gamers in uniform before they remember us as individuals. It's an interesting way to stand out from the other games and stalls and it works, so there you have it.

My first purchase of a Rubicon model - and most definitely not the last - will be this coming Sunday at Vapnartak wargames show in York. Something I'm very much looking forward to. I've been a modeller and model engineer longer than I've been a wargamer and I tend to end up with models that 'work' as far as possible. From a scratch built, fully working, 1/72nd scale WWII U-Boat that was radio controlled, to a 1/56th scale German 88mm that comes off its limber wheels, deploys it's legs and traverses and elevates, just because I wanted to see if I could do it - I'll have a go at anything.

From what I've seen so far of Rubicon Models, I'm excited they are around and looking forward very much to what they have to offer. Can't wait to 'get stuck in!'

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2015, 01:55:47 am »
Hi all Airborne here.
I`ve been around for 60 years young, play numerous R.P.G.`s and now have a real passion for 1/56 Si/Fi and W.W.2 along with Weird War and Dust. AvP will be my next large project ,when it arrives. I am very pleased with the vehicles and buildings to come from Rubicon and feel that they will offer some true fun to our hobby
Cheers all.   

Gunner65

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 12:31:10 am »
I have been a model builder since the mid-seventies.  I played a couple of different games in the eighties and started playing Lord of the Rings in the late 90's.  Have played many games since 2000 and then found Bolt Action and Tanks Wars.  These are now my favorite games and I have armies for German ,  Russian and British Forces!

I just picked up my first Rubicon model the other day and I am looking forward to building it as it looks very good!

robbie039

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2015, 12:36:20 am »
Hi i'm robert and i'm 40 years old, I live in the Netherlands , near the dutch -german border

Herbert_Erpaderp

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2015, 11:48:44 am »
Hello. I'm Herbert.

I'm not much of a forum user, but I figured I might as well say hello, rather than just lurking.

I'm 31, from Australia, I am really more of a modeller than a gamer though I do enjoy a variety of miniature games. Primarily Flames of War for which I have Soviet, German and British armies. Only recently started with 28mm scale but am well on my way to having multiple armies there too. I also have stuff like Warmachine, Malifaux, Dystopian wars, and some games workshop stuff that I don't really have much interest in anymore.