Author Topic: Ideas for future tank kits  (Read 17793 times)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for future tank kits
« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2017, 03:18:16 pm »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2017, 09:48:13 pm »
Rich H is one crazy guy , been following his weird and wonderful builds on the BA forum . And there's a guy on the Armorama site tackling  a Ratte in 1/16 th scale , it looks to be the size of a real life VW Bug  :o

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2017, 03:30:33 am »
A Maus in plastic would indoubtedly be nice, but I agree that it's unlikely to ever be a priority for Rubicon - there are two out there already (Blitzkrieg & Warlord) with two more incoming (Heer 46 & JTFM). A plastic kit would be cheaper (the existing ones are at the £50 mark & the two coming are likely to be similarly priced) & potentially better/more accurately detailed, but I struggle to put the one I already have into games (it's a lot of points in any system).
 As Pinky said, it's not the most interesting thing to look at (I tend to think 'just about mobile outbuilding'), though that does mean your painting canvas is interestingly open.
 Rich H's Ratte will probably turn out amazingly - his scratch builds are things of beauty & I suppose that you could have use it as a piece of gameable scenery in its own right - fighting compartment to compartment through it (& as JTFM are going to cast it we could all have a go if we so desired, though the price might be a little prohibitive).
 Oh yes, I'd rather see the E series vehicles done than a Maus - though I admit it's about as likely.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2017, 04:59:41 am »
The Maus barely fits in Rubicon's declared current area of interest, the E-series is into the realm of the Paper Panzer.

I would also prefer an E-series.

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2017, 07:51:36 am »
If we are turning our minds to exotic ideas I'll suggest the Neubaufahrzeug. At least there were five built. Importantly they were even deployed by the army to Norway and possibly elsewhere. Of course in reality there are dozens of tanks that should come before it.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2017, 02:49:20 pm »
If we are turning our minds to exotic ideas I'll suggest the Neubaufahrzeug. At least there were five built. Importantly they were even deployed by the army to Norway and possibly elsewhere. Of course in reality there are dozens of tanks that should come before it.
Fans of the First Avenger would be disappointed when they see the real thing ^___^.

And yes, there are lots of other more relevant tanks.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2017, 06:21:30 am »
Rich H is currently building me an M32 from the new M4A3 kit ^_^
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament