Author Topic: Scammel Tank Transporter and Matilda  (Read 4231 times)

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Scammel Tank Transporter and Matilda
« on: February 20, 2017, 08:42:33 pm »
Scammel Tank Transporter and Matilda in 1:56 scale plastic
This would be awesome !
When can we expect it ?
:-)
Just completed this Airfix 1:76 scale Matilda and Scammel tank transporter.

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: Scammel Tank Transporter and Matilda
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 10:38:12 am »
An interesting choice.

For me it highlights the difficulty Rubicon must have. The Matilda I completely support (I wouldn't mind seeing the earlier A11 Matilda as well). The Scammel also looks like it would make a terrific model. However I think Rubicon must wonder at the size of the market for it. If this scale is to support 28mm models in the wargaming community I don't think tank transporters of any type are going to find much use. I don't want to discourage any particular kit from appearing but feel Rubicon should prioritise vehicles, in all their variations, that appeared in the front line.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 09:29:22 am »
While it would be nice to have one , but  I feel there are other vehicles that might sell better . Funny you mentioned this truck though , I've wanted one in 1/35 scale for over 40 years , all that was available was the Dinky Toy version ( scale ? ) , now it seems Thunder Model is doing 3 WW2 versions and 2 post war , as well IBG has 2 WW types in production , it never rains but it pours  ::)

stevepalffy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 05:35:33 pm »
It needs to be done in 1:56 scale the Matilda and Scammel both as wrecker and Tank Transporter...The market is there ...it's what people want and would sell....The 1:35 scale kits coming are going to be very expensive .

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 09:37:15 pm »
If anyone visits Hungerford with £68 going spare, an "antique" shop there had a Dinky die cast one in stock.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 10:29:42 pm »
Wow ! Thats about $110 Canadian for a toy that cost me 2 weeks allowance back in the Sixties . I wonder if my mum still has mine packed away at home ? Nah , she's probably sold it on Ebay for Gin money  ::)