Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

M4 Sherman - Decal Sheets Final Version 170827

<< < (2/15) > >>

Pinky:
Are these British pattern sand shields?  They look like the standard pattern, although the rivets are a bit oversized.

The mid-production hull wouldn't normally have a high bustle turret, unless it was a rebuilt vehicle.  It was introduced specifically for the large hatch hull (to avoid fouling the hatches). 

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: Pinky on January 24, 2017, 09:13:47 pm ---Are these British pattern sand shields?  They look like the standard pattern, although the rivets are a bit oversized.

--- End quote ---

From what we know, these are standard pattern sand shields, but found mostly on Sherman under British use.

--- Quote from: Pinky on January 24, 2017, 09:13:47 pm ---The mid-production hull wouldn't normally have a high bustle turret, unless it was a rebuilt vehicle.  It was introduced specifically for the large hatch hull (to avoid fouling the hatches).

--- End quote ---

No worries, we only have a few prototypes printed, so is a mix and match thing, when it comes to a few snapshots.  Will get these sorted out when we do the assembly instructions.

ultravanillasmurf:
Is the example turret one with the cast in cheek piece? I noticed an undercut effect on this picture.

Pinky:

--- Quote from: Rubicon Models on January 24, 2017, 09:48:10 pm ---From what we know, these are standard pattern sand shields, but found mostly on Sherman under British use.
--- End quote ---

Yes - the US tankers almost always removed them.  There were a couple of earlier types that only the British used.  The factory-installed pattern had some additional details, like a vertical slot on the middle panel.

Pinky:

--- Quote from: ultravanillasmurf on January 24, 2017, 09:52:23 pm ---Is the example turret one with the cast in cheek piece? I noticed an undercut effect on this picture.

--- End quote ---

I think that's a moulding seam. It looks similar to the turret in the discontinued kit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version