Rubicon Models > Wish Lists

Tiger II?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Rubicon Models:
QUICK QUESTION:

Should a King Tiger model kit come with Zimmerit?

::)

ripley:
Zim  was only in use for about a year , Nov 43 - Dec 44 , so not all Tiger II s would have received a coat of it as they were built till spring 45 . IRC , all but a handful of the Porsche turret version had it  , and of two Heavy Tiger units in the Battle of the Bulge , one had almost all Zim Tigers and the other was about half .  If you want to grab some of the Tiger II market maybe bring out a late with the 3 rows of track hanging on the turret , narrow transport tracks and other late features , the Battle of Berlin crowd will love it . I think the BA kit has the zim version covered although I think yours would be a much better kit

Pinky:
I agree with Ripley.  Rubicon could probably do a better representation of Zimmerit than Warlord/Italeri did.  But I'd question why you'd do a Tiger II at all now there's one available.

I see Warlord/Italeri's next plastic kit (after the Char B1 bis) is the Marder III.

Rubicon Models:

--- Quote from: Pinky on October 13, 2017, 10:32:42 pm ---But I'd question why you'd do a Tiger II at all now there's one available.

--- End quote ---

Never said we are going to do a King Tiger. Just curious how many King Tigers had Zimmerit in real life.  Could see LOTS in military modelling kits... BUT...

--- Quote from: Pinky on October 13, 2017, 10:32:42 pm ---I see Warlord/Italeri's next plastic kit (after the Char B1 bis) is the Marder III.

--- End quote ---

Why a Marder III and not the other Marder III variants, which was more "popular"?

Problem with Italeri is their tendency to downscale their existing 1/35 products to 1/56, and NOT creating a new one!

Jimmy_P:
A non-zim Konigstiger would be ace. Did wonder if, rather than including two turrets like the Warlord one, if Rubicon were to do it whether it would be feasible to be a dual Jadgtiger kit...? Just a completely off the top of my thought, assuming that the engine decks are the same etc and there was space on the sprues. Just might help set it apart.

Not all of the recent Warlord plastics have actually been Italeri kits. I wonder if this one might have something to do with PSC - as I believe they've gone for the III rather than the Ausf G because it's going to be a dual 38T kit as well.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version