Author Topic: Fast Russians  (Read 3227 times)

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
Fast Russians
« on: September 29, 2017, 09:05:36 am »
With Rubicon's T-26 getting closer I thought it timely to suggest tanks of the BT series get a mention in the wish list. It's not hard to imagine an early Russian force with T-26's containing BT-5's or 7's as well. These tanks were built in the thousands and fought against the Japanese, Poles and Finns in 1939. They were in large numbers when the German's attacked in 1941 and continued to fight in decreasing numbers for the rest of the war. BT-7's were also engaged when the Soviet Union attacked Japanese forces again at the end of the war. Although there were fewer BT-5's they were still numerous and used in the Spanish Civil War. Captured BT's were also used by their former enemies.

Surely a worthy contender for Rubicon. 
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:09:44 am by tyroflyer »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fast Russians
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 08:39:26 pm »
The BT 5 / 7 would be a great kit , not as many turret variations as the T-26 but enough for keeping it interesting . Would love to see a T-70 as well . When I first saw your thread title , I thought it said Fat Russians , I 'm thinkin wtf , they're not fat , they're heroic ..lol

tyroflyer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 08:24:40 am »
Yes BT (Bistrokhodny Tank) or Fast Tank. Hence Fast Russians. It's hard to imagine an early Russian force without them.

Jimmy_P

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 06:33:00 pm »

A BT tank kit would be an excellent companion to the T-26, probably has a wider time period it would be useful for too.