Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

My T-34 Horde

(1/3) > >>

ripley:
Here's a few pictures of my T-34/76 tanks , all Warlord I'm afraid as I got most of these before Rubicon made their far better  versions .

This is a complete rebuild of the  supplied  turret to make a realistic  Uralmash stamped turret . The Warlord one is way out of proportion

This one is a OT-34 flame thrower , with the radio moved to the turret

This one is a 1942 pattern welded turret . Using a very narrow chisel blade I removed the ribs from the wheels to make the early style dish wheels .

ripley:
Now my T34-85s

Lots of little things done to most kits . Opened hatches , damaged fenders,  added driver's vision ports , thread tow cables , extra track and stowage , a couple have cross cut saws in the racks on the side and of course a dozen mad Russian tank riders . The rough cast texture was added with liquid green stuff , I just love that product  ;D  I did figure a way to fix the too small hatch on top of the engine deck ( shame Warlord , shame ! ) but fixing the air intake grills was beyond me , so I let it be .

Pinky:
Ripley - it's great to finally be able to see what you've been telling us about.  I really like the T-34/852 - especially the ones carrying desantniks.

Your re-worked Uralmash turret really emphasises the point you made a while back about the deficiencies in the Warlord turret.  I knew it was off, but didn't realise how bad it is.  I'm tempted to try and fix that on my 3 T-34s (which is a shame, as they're painted).

ripley:
If you can find a copy of T-34 Mythical Weapon by R. Michulec & M. Zientarzewski  ( ISBN 0-9781091-0-4) English version by Airconnection - Canada . Fantastic book of 500 plus pages ,of T-34 awesomeness !  The ullitmate book on all versions of the T-34 . War era pictures , internals , museum versions and scale drawings . I got all  of  my ideas for kit bashing T-34s from this book .
Now the Rubicon SU-122 & 85 , I bought two kits and was able to switch out both upper hulls to use 2 howitzers or 2 tank killers , if I ever decide to learn to play the game  ::)

ripley:
And last but not least , a T-34 as seen in many early war photos , mud bogged !

This was built using a left over T-34 body ( from my T-34 / Tiger project ) , turret , track , drivers hatch and fuel cans are left over Rubicon I got from a buddy . I used it as a test bed for scenery , ground cover and Vallejo mud , I think it turned out great if I say so myself  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version