Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

South African M10 Achilles

(1/2) > >>

Golf Alpha Zulu:

Here is my effort at depicting a vehicle of the 1/11 AT Regiment of the SA 6th Armoured Division in Italy, 1945. There is no record of these seeing combat (they were only converted from 3-inch-equipped vehicles in April 1945). So I kept the weathering to a minimum. Crew from Warlord, decals from a range of sources...

ultravanillasmurf:
Very good.

I like the camouflage of the long barrel, I cannot remember seeing that style on a model before.

The secured spare bogie wheel is a nice detail.

Are the crew plastic or metal? Absence of crew is one of the reasons I have not started my build (http://ultravanillasmurf.blogspot.co.uk/2016/04/salute-2016.html).

Golf Alpha Zulu:
Thanks.

One figure is metal - from the old Warlord resin M10; the other is plastic - from the Warlord Universal Carrier kit. Both slightly bashed around to fit.

ripley:
Nice looking Achilles . Paint looks excellent , Not too sure about the berets , thought only the Paras wore the red ? The Warlord Universal plastic crew is a fantastic starting point for kit bashing into various seated crew figures , I've got a couple seated  in one of my  Panzer IV turret side doors . Actually been trying to get more, as a lot of guys don't like them. Tthey are a little oversized/ tall and too skinny to match the BA plastic figures . Wish someone would release crew  figures like this  ;D

Pinky:
It looks as though the berets were khaki:

Interesting how one M10 seems to be a different colour to the others.

I like this model - the crew really bring it to life.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version