Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

South African M4A3 105

(1/3) > >>

Golf Alpha Zulu:
Here is my interpretation of the Rubicon Sherman - modeled to depict a 105 in the HQ squadron of the Pretoria Regiment, South African 6th Armoured Division, Italy 1944-45. It was the only version of the M4A3 hull that was used but the South Africans - the bulk of their force was Sherman V and cast hull M4A1 76mm Shermans. And yes, my rivet-counting friends :D , the commanders hatch is correct - pix show the Pretoria Regiment's 105s equipped with the "vision cupola".

And together with another Pretoria Regiment vehicle - a Sherman VC (using the old Warlord resin kit).

More pix and build details on my blog

Pinky:
That's a really attractive model!  I like the subtle dust effects, and the scratchbuilt additions like the 'British pattern' stowage boxes and soft stowage.  What paints did you use?

Lovely work.  I'm off to check out your blog.

BTW - the maintenance on this division's tanks must have been hard-pressed, having to deal with 3 different types of engine...

ultravanillasmurf:
Excellent job. I am following Pinky to check out your blog.

Golf Alpha Zulu:
Thanks for the feedback  :)

For the most part I used Vallejo. Base was a 50/50 mix of Olive Grey and Russian Uniform Green. Washed for depth with Vallejo Wash for Dark Green, and then highlighted back up with Russian Uniform+White. Weathering mostly mist sprays of various Vallejo browns/ochres and then MIG pigments for the dense areas of dust...

ultravanillasmurf:
Interesting blog.

(Link works now)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version