Rubicon Models > Wish Lists

Renault FT-17

(1/4) > >>

Collius:
Given the massive number of these that were built for the army and then exported across the world, it might be nice to see these as they could be found almost everywhere from China to Spain. It would also be cool to see a tank that bridges both world wars.

ultravanillasmurf:
This was mentioned on the French tanks thread.

It was also used by the US and later apparently by Germany as late as 1944.

The M1917 did not make it to World War I, but were deployed on internal security duties (see Bonus Army). The Canadians bought some for training purposes in 1940.

Pinky:
The FT did see some service in WW2, but it was very marginal - a few saw action with the Polish and French armies, and some were encountered in North Africa and (as static defences) in Normandy.  That's about it.  I think there are a lot of more useful subjects for a plastic kit. I think there is a good resin version available in 28mm.

ripley:
The Germans used some on their early armoured trains , now weather they actually could be driven on and off is another story , but they had armor , ( minimal ! ) and a gun ( machine gun or very short 37mm ) . Also both types of turrets could be found used in bunkers on the Atlantic Wall .  But I agree , that other French tanks should take precedence as the FT-17 is already available from other companies . But if Rubicon make one , I'll buy by a couple  ::)

Rubicon Models:
To produce any model kits in plastic, we do need to sell a fixed amount of kits to break even. 
The quantity will depend on the number of sprues required.

For gaming purposes, to decide what vehicles to produce and for which country, we usually
will study rulebooks for several popular game systems, plus army lists used by most players
of each system as well.

For minor countries such as France, French-made tanks are only available at the beginning
of the war, these tanks are usually of mid-30s design.  The Renault FT is even earlier in 1918.

For some early war tanks, some will survive and still be used towards the end of the war,
but usually in small war pockets as dug-in pill boxes or for city policing and defence.

We have been studying French tanks (plus for other minor countries), and had one or two
tanks that are more favorable than others; but this list will change as updated versions of
popular game systems are released.

Right now, for the French, we have the Hotchkiss H35/H38/H39 light tank and the heavier
Char B1 bis on our list.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version