Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

Panzer III WIP

(1/2) > >>

AussieBrad:
Just a small update on a project I am doing. Building the Panzer III and if you remember me asking about Sandbags the other day, I ordered the plastic ones suggested but got impatient and cracked out the green stuff and attempted to punch some out! What you think?
Yet got to add stowage and crap, but thought I would share so far.

ps you finger nails comes in handy! (Used my nails to crease them up )

ultravanillasmurf:
This is the place, well it is where I have posted my stuff ^___^.

You might want to change the thread title to your wip.

Nice greenstuff work. I will be interested to see this painted up.

One thing, there is a slight problem with the rear deck of the kit, it has one too many covers (there should be three not four).

It is possible to remove the cover (made easier if you have not glued the deck to the chassis).

Here is my effort:
http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=281.msg3262#msg3262

AussieBrad:
Crap! I thought I did my homework :( Hate that :-\ Yeah Glued lol I will just do  cover it with Stowage :)

Yeah will be Grey with Sand (Eastern Front)

Pinky:
It's worth checking out what UVS did with his Panzer III because that 4th louvre is quite noticable.  The Rubicon Panzer III has a few other issues; maybe the most noticable is the lack of boltheads on the spaced armour plate on the mantlet.

I like your sandbags - I think they sit very naturally.  In reality they'd probably be arranged more methodically on the turret, but they look cool.  Any chance you could straighten the spare track on the turret?  This would be attached perpendicular to the mantlet, and not just at a random angle.

ripley:
Sand bags look great , I still can't get GS to do what I want  ::) . I think the ones round the cupola should be removed ,though , as they block the  commander's  vision ports . If you can't remove the 4th louvre , you could always hide it by covering part of the engine deck with a flag or tarp

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version