Rubicon Models > Showcase & Gallery

Oddball's Sherman - WIP

(1/4) > >>

Pinky:
We've discussed this iconic tank a few times, and the retirement of Rubicon's M4A3 kit prompted me to try and build it.

It's still WiP - obviously.  There are a lot of small details to add.  The distinctive stowage (the milk churn and watering can) is proving very time-consuming to build, partly because I'm more used to 1/72 and 1/35.  The speaker was also difficult, until I found a 28mm plastic pot which is almost the right shape.  Obviously some items aren't quite right, like the boxes.  The real tank had a later model exhaust deflector, but I wasn't going to try and build that.  However, I did re-do the cupola (which still needs a periscope).

Sorry about the photos - they were taken with my Blackberry.

ultravanillasmurf:
Looks good, I like the milk churn.

Are you going to order the Company B decals?

stevepalffy:
Looks good...Fun stuff ..I just got another Sherman to build oddballs Tank as well :-)

ripley:
Looks pretty good . Are you ordering the Oddball  metal figure, waiting for Warlord to release theirs ,  or kit bashing your own ?

Pinky:

--- Quote from: ultravanillasmurf on September 14, 2016, 11:04:28 pm ---Looks good, I like the milk churn.

Are you going to order the Company B decals?

--- End quote ---

Maybe I should.  I was just going to give it some generic decals. 

--- Quote from: ripley on September 15, 2016, 08:17:37 am ---Looks pretty good . Are you ordering the Oddball  metal figure, waiting for Warlord to release theirs ,  or kit bashing your own ?

--- End quote ---

I was thinking of sculpting a beard onto the Warlord plastic M4 commander, but he's kind of weedy looking.  I think the Warlord metal figure would be much better, but they don't seem to be in any hurry to release it.  I don't like the Artizan figures.

There's still a lot to do on this.  Updates to follow.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version