Author Topic: Crusader A15  (Read 4586 times)

Golf Alpha Zulu

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Crusader A15
« on: July 28, 2016, 08:27:09 pm »
Rubicon Crusader with crew from Die Waffenkamer (Mk III) and Perry Miniatures (Mk II). Loved building the Crusader kit - goes together very well. Haven't built many others from the Rubicon range (M10, M4) but it was even better than the others, both in design and detail, I found.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Crusader A15
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 11:36:54 pm »
Very good.

It is a lovely kit to build.

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 02:50:56 am »
Very nice build, and even better paint job she looks good. I never base mine, but I see with yours the wisdom and the finish of a good base. Look forward to see more of your work.

Golf Alpha Zulu

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 02:05:47 pm »
Thanks for the feedback. Appreciated.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 04:10:15 pm »
This looks great - and you've obviously done your research on both the colour scheme and the 'look' of desert Crusaders.  A lot of people forget that these tanks were relatively new, and didn't get a chance to accumulate the level of weathering that is often depicted.

I think Rubicon's Crusader is one of their best kits in terms of accuracy and assembly.

I used to base my 1/48 scale vehicles for wargaming.  Looking at this, I'm thinking it's not a bad idea even for more robust 1/56 scale models.

Golf Alpha Zulu

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 04:17:16 am »
Thanks for the feedback.  :)

Durability aside, I like to base my vehicles to match the height of the bases on my figures. For my 28mm figures I use "GW-style" 25mm plinth bases, which are about 3mm high. So I use 3mm MDF as a base for my vehicles...

Ballardian

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 09:58:41 pm »
Very nice job, I agree about the vehicle basing really helping lessen the 'they'd never fit in there' look that occurs with a lot of 'heroic' 28's - recently caved & decided to re-base mine on flat discs (Renedra) which, at under a millimeter thick, lessen the effect.