Author Topic: Plastic Guns  (Read 11190 times)

jamingui

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Plastic Guns
« on: November 03, 2014, 12:30:16 am »
Any chance to produce guns as well as vehicles. AT guns and AA guns would be very welcomed.

Cheers

Javier

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Plastic Guns
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 12:12:24 pm »
With the SdKfz 251 around the corner, we will be adding AT guns for the Germans... by simply adding wheels to them!  Finding time to start sculpting crews is the problem!

jamingui

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 02:24:53 am »
Great news indeed, Pak 36 coming!!! Maybe Pak 40 too? (Was mounted on the SdKfz 251 late in the war)

Hayden

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2014, 11:57:28 pm »
and what about kits without crew? people can then add crew from whetever range they want.....

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2014, 12:48:57 am »
and what about kits without crew? people can then add crew from whetever range they want.....

We are looking into different possibilities, will take some time to conclude what we want to do.  We might wanted to do one sprue for Axis, and one for Allies, but need to decided on what type of weapons/guns to do!

;)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2014, 04:52:56 am »
I 've got a few resin crews from a few different companies but they all seem to be different sizes and don't fit well , and I hate trying to convert resin figures , usually I end up trashing them . Most , IMO Bolt Action metal tank crews are too small , with  the newer Russian crew being more , again IMO to scale . I have converted a couple of the British plastic figures  to crew my Italeri Sherman , after modifying the hatches , as they are too narrow being made for the BA crews . Yes you can covert the BA troops , I've done almost 30 figures , 2 / 3 crew each  for my 7 tanks , 5 guys for the BA Bren Carrier ( only used the kit driver ), 5 guys in the plasic Hanomag and 8 guys in  the M3 plastic half track . It would be nice to have a five or six figure plastic set of say , 2 standing , 2 seated and 2 half figures for driver hatches . Could include various head gear , with and with out radio head phones . Maybe 8 pairs of arms to give the kit a multi pose kind of vibe . Could have a set of  early and  late Germans , Brits , Yanks ,and Soviets . These kind of sets are availabe in scales from 1/87 ( HO trains ) to 1/16 th for the big tank kits so hopefully some will bring some out in 1/56 . Getting really tired of scrapping and sanding off all that plastic infantry kit .

Klingsor

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2014, 12:25:09 am »
One thing about guns (or heavy weapons) is that normally they do not come with anywhere near enough crew figures.

Sadly there is no place for heavier artillery on the table except as an objective or as terrain so we should be looking at smaller pieces;  A/T guns, infantry guns and the like.

Anfernee

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2014, 02:33:55 am »
Bolt Action uses heavy artillery on the table.

Laffe

• Private
    • View Profile
    • The Figure Fanatic Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2014, 08:24:09 pm »
Bolt Action uses heavy artillery on the table.

I don't want to go about rules bashing, but this IMHO is the biggest fault with these rules.

Anyway, I think smaller pieces like PAK and in some effect light FlAK guns would be more useful, not everyone plays BA. On the other hand, I would need four 105's for a Brecourt Manour scenario...  8)

Anfernee

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2014, 01:29:26 am »
As you said lets not get into a rules discussion. My point being, you may not buy heavier guns, but there are plenty of Bolt Action players who win.

Laffe

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2014, 06:30:44 pm »
How many would you need for BA?

I mean, are they limited or restricted in numbers in any way, or could they potentially be used in as big numbers as anti-tank guns?

Just trying to gague the need.

elcee

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2014, 06:37:45 am »
Hard to say, 1 per reinforced platoon (not sure if there are restrictins in the respective asrmy books). @1000 points 1-3 maybe, if the units are just the bare minimum. Personally i havent used any exept a 75mm for the us boys, nythine above that calibre doesnt have the right feeling in my opinion.

While i share the need for tanks, softskins, half tracks (even if not useful in game), i dont think i would use larger guns (an 88 at best).

Anfernee

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2014, 07:50:10 am »
Medium howitzers like 105mm are used quite a bit. A lot of people taking 1-2. While it might not sound like a lot, I'd hazard you'd sell more medium/heavy artillery pieces then Tiger tanks. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see infantry guns and paks as well.

Laffe

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2014, 03:49:36 pm »
Ok. I'm not rules-bashing, I just wouldn't want Rubicon to put a lot of money into a project that won't sell as much, especially in the vulnerable beginning.

Personally I have a need for 1-2 of each PaK or 6-pounder AT gun, and 1 of the various infantry guns up to 75mm -- for germans and brits anyway. I can see myself buying ONE 88 and ONE 17-pounder at most.

I can see other people buying more than that though  ;D

Here's a thought; while you say you don't want to do crew, if you accompany the gun kits with shells and ammo boxes, range finders and perhaps a couple of shovels or other paraphernalia, people could use those to convert figures into crew.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2014, 05:06:17 pm »
Laffe, thanks for the sound advice; we always take notes on open issues.  On and off between major work, we had been doing preliminary small arms and heavy weapons on our computers; eventually those will be used in our projects.  It is a long process, but worth our time!

;)