Author Topic: SURVEY: Small Arms & Heavy Weapons - Nov 2014 - Updated 160509  (Read 61521 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: SURVEY: Small Arms & Heavy Weapons - Nov 2014 - Updated 160509
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2017, 05:19:33 pm »
You could probabaly make you own groucers out of Plastruct T channel . Cut to length and add a support end . Just lots and lots cutting ;D
That might put a bit of strain on my tenuous grip on sanity (YMMV).

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2017, 11:23:51 am »
You could wait for Rubicon or some after market company ( S&S / Company B ) to make some or make your own . I wanted open crew  hatches , ,I just love adding full crews  , goes back to my 1/35 modelling days I guess  :-[ . The 1st kits by Rubicon and Warlord only had commanders hatches open ,( the newer kits by both companies seem to have fixed this omission) . Well I've opened 3 drivers hatches on my T-34s as well as the SU-85 . Ive opened 3 loader hatches on T-34 85s , 2 pairs of turret doors on Panzer IVs and 1 Panzer III  . As well both front crew  hatches on 3 Panzer IVs , the rear escape hatch on a Panther  and the trickiest  kit bash , the rear doors on Warlords 251 C  .  Ok , the part you remove is trash and you have to scratch a new hatch but most are squares or circles , how hard is that ? I can add crews to my kits while the other dozen BA players in my area can't . Nothing says dead tank  more than no crew and all hatches open . I've also made my own schurtzen rails and panels so I can model damaged or missing pieces .  Really easy actually , add the hanger arms to the side of the tank , use the kit panel piece as a template to form your rail and then cut thin plastic card the size each single panel , add the ones you want , job done . You never know what you can do till you try . Mind you I still can't figure out this photo bucket thing  ::)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2017, 04:34:39 pm »
Mind you I still can't figure out this photo bucket thing  ::)
Me neither.

I just use Google's Blogspot (other blogging options are available), there are a number of posts on my blog along the lines of "for a discussion on ...".

Then I just copy and paste the image link into the forum post.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2017, 10:28:46 am »
There is an 'Add image to post' button below the frame you type in.  It's very easy to upload images from your computer.  So no excuses, Ripley - get some photos up!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2017, 11:07:51 am »
OK THIS IS A TEST !  Got this AFV Club "cute " kit on order cause I just love KV IIs

It works ! Now how do I get my phone pictures to my computer ???

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2017, 04:31:13 pm »
Cute!

If you have an Android 'phone and you have it set up to backup to the cloud, you can just log in to Google on your computer and select Photos. The contents of your 'phone should then be available to download.

Alternatively, you can connect your 'phone to your computer with a USB lead. PCs can use the file explorer, Mac's need a free application. If you have a recent version of Android you will need to tell it to allow access over the cable, there should be an icon at the top of the screen.

No idea on Apple without using their magic string. I have never tried it (I just emailed my self).

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2017, 09:32:11 pm »
Sounds complicated . I'll get my son to hook me up when I see him later this week . All this computer geek talk  ::) . Mind you the SdKfz , Stug and Nue stuff we talk about confuses a tons of people too  :D

Chucktastic

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2017, 02:08:47 am »
British (& allied)
40mm
AA

British (&allied)
20mm
AA

British
Polsten 20mm
AA

German
88mm
AA & AT

German
Quad 20mm
AA

Lovstrom

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2017, 03:38:02 am »
When I read small arms I read the rifles and smgs and Lmgs. Can there be enough of good German ,British American and Russian small arms?
I want my Germans with the basic humble rifle the way the squads where really made up.

Sven

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2017, 06:39:24 pm »
Okay, found the reference to the M5 tractor hauling the 17 pounder.

"This adapted Stuart VI (M5) was used by the British Army. Its turret was removed in order to carry extra personnel and supplies, and a towing hook has been fitted. It was used to haul the 17-pounder anti-tank gun."

http://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/70000110

The M5 top plate could be included in the 17 pounder it (hint...).

Ursus Maior

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2021, 06:14:14 pm »
I'd fancy a Cold War era Soviet 100 mm anti-tank gun T-12 with options to build the later variants T-12A and MT-12 "Rapira".

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2021, 04:23:59 pm »

We already have the PaK 36, PaK 38 (with conversion), and PaK 40 as well as the 88, so for German WW2, that covers pretty much everything the typical table top-gamer would need to play games like Bolt Action, Chain of Command. Operation Squad, and so on.

BTW, the PaK 36, 38, and 40 are fantastic plastic model kits (5-Star). The crews could be a little bit better though (3-star). The 88 looks like another fantastic plastic model kt, but I have not actually assembled mine yet. But I'm sure it will be 5-Stars.

For the Allies, we will get the US M2A3 75mm, the US M3 37mm, and the British QF 17/25-pdr gun.

So, what I would really like to see sooner than later are:

8) ZiS-3 AT gun for the Soviets
 8) US 57mm AT-Gun M1 AT-Gun
 8) British QF 6-Pdr AT-Gun

Note: There is great potential for the 57mm AT-Gun M1 AT-Gun and the British QF 6-Pdr AT-Gun plastic kit because the same sprue for the AT-Gun can be setup with the needed bits and parts to build either the American or British gun (Standard or maybe even Airborne versions). As for crew, separate American and British crew sprues can be added. Pretty much like what Rubicon Models did with their Jeep kits - same Jeep parts and bits but different US and British driver/passengers.