Author Topic: Weapon Team Classification... BA Style!  (Read 4099 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Weapon Team Classification... BA Style!
« on: December 03, 2015, 01:51:18 pm »
Here is a summary of the weapon team classification based on Bolt Action rule:

Strange enough, most miniature weapon team sets available on the market do not have the exact figures with each team.  Is this normal?

Any comments?
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: Weapon Team Classification... BA Style!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 05:51:34 pm »
I had a quick look through the Bolt Action catalogue (German and British) and the head counts match the Bolt Action ones on your list. Is it other brands where the head counts vary?

Looking at the Osprey books for the Vickers and the MG34/42, they appear to have a crew of three (the latter on a tripod as a Bolt Action MMG).

I suspect that the Bolt Action head counts are just that, based partly on research and partly on game play (they all have a consistent head count independent of nationality - if a machine gun starts with four crew it is an HMG).

Warlord have repackaged some figures so they better match the rules, I cannot remember if that included the weapon teams.

Operation Squad has a four men operating a Soviet 81mm mortar, other head counts match Bolt Action.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 06:01:26 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

Remgain

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 10:51:09 pm »
TFL Chain of Command has 5 men crews for MMGs.

Marco

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 01:30:41 am »
PSC has a four man Vickers team (I have just used the Sten gunner as an additional Bolt Action NCO) - at least in the 15mm range.

The MG34 has a four man crew, but the MG42 (PG) appears to have a three man crew.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 01:39:33 am by ultravanillasmurf »

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 03:14:04 pm »
United States Army light mortar has a crew of 3 (not 2) as your chart says as far as rules go. They do come with the correct amount of models from warlord too.

United stars airborne light mortar has screw if 2

« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 03:15:46 pm by elias.tibbs »
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament