Author Topic: SdKfz 251/1 Ausf D - Project CLOSED!  (Read 136188 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Was working on a different project, and with some fiddling, we'd come up with this...

We are considering to replace the existing gun shield with another version, but don't seem to find any drawings on it.  Need more research...
Might add this to the project at a later stage!

;D

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
251 D
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2014, 09:26:36 pm »
With over 10,000 vehicles of the 251 D half track built we are going to have so much  fun kit bashing the various versions you produce . I'm already cutting up Bolt Action plastic Germans to make seated crew figures . For ideas , try and find a copy of Encyclopedia of German Tanks of WW 2 by P. Chamberlain & H. Doyle . ISBN 1-85409-214-6 . First published in 1973 , yes older than some of us visiting this site , but lots and lots of great pictures ( over 1000 ) of German tanks , half tracks  , armoured cars and captured vehicles in German service .

Silesian

• Cadet
    • View Profile
I wonder if some of the variants are viable. I mean, while you'll certainly get lobbied for all sorts of obscure variants, but how many people are actually going to use a stuka zu fuss, ambulance, or tractor SdKfz in 28mm?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
I wonder if some of the variants are viable. I mean, while you'll certainly get lobbied for all sorts of obscure variants, but how many people are actually going to use a stuka zu fuss, ambulance, or tractor SdKfz in 28mm?
We are not going to do one variant per kit, but a combination on a single sprue - depending on number of parts that we can fit onto it.  We are not going to produce all the variants but those most commonly used on the gaming table - there are a few good rules out there!
;)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
This is the most discussed variant - the Stuka Zu Fuss!

The design is a challenge - trying to make it looks like the original and yet easy to assemble and sturdy enough for handling!  Here is the complete rack...

Now mounted on the SdKfz 251/1 Ausf. D!

C&C welcome!
;)

Morsleib

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Our SdKfz 251/1 Ausf. D - updated with more 3D prototypes!
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2014, 11:19:52 pm »
Will this include any crew such as gunners?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2014, 11:25:11 pm »
We simply do not have the extra resources to do figures at this moment.  We might introduce crew/driver in future releases but our hands are tied now!  Sorry!

Anfernee

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2014, 06:44:00 am »
Looks great. More of a Panzerwerfer 42 man myself but this Stuka still looks great.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2014, 06:52:32 am »
Really liking your options for the 251 D . I can see some left over pieces from the build being used on other company's vehicles to bring them up to par . Nothing I like better than a little kit bashing  :)

Morsleib

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2014, 07:32:17 pm »
We simply do not have the extra resources to do figures at this moment.  We might introduce crew/driver in future releases but our hands are tied now!  Sorry!

I understand. Is there any mileage in partnering with a whitemetal manufacturer to provide extras? Possibly one of your existing distributors.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2014, 10:00:48 pm »
I understand. Is there any mileage in partnering with a whitemetal manufacturer to provide extras? Possibly one of your existing distributors.
In fact we do have a discussion on the subject, no date yet!

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2014, 11:09:15 pm »
Just revised our SdKfz 251/10 with a new gun shield...

Enjoy!
;)

OzzyUK

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2014, 03:38:38 am »
All looking great! Now if I see an sdkfz 221 through 223 armoured car I'll go from simply loving you guys (6 tanks on pre order :) ) to setting up a small shrine and becoming an iconoclast!

Laffe

• Private
    • View Profile
    • The Figure Fanatic Blog
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2014, 08:08:15 pm »
Ok, some comments, I had to register to give them :-)

If you are doing an Ausf. D you don't really need to provide both MG34 and MG42's, buy the time the Ausf D was introduced all infantry used the MG42, MG34 was ONLY used on tanks and in armoured cars. Save yourself some space on the sprue, I'd rather have ammo boxes/belts/drums for the MG's than extra MG's.

Also, I think -- sorry if someone already have said this -- a useful combo kit would be something like providing /1 /7 and /10 in the same kit.

Basic halftrack, add 37mm to get the /10 command vehicle, replace with 28mm squeeze bore (not on all so is not essential if you can't fit it on the sprue) and add field bridges to get engineering vehicle. I think the /7 had some different internal layout to accomodate the assault engineers' heavy equipment but I don't think it's necessary.

Providing opening doors would be very useful!

robbie039

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2014, 06:34:00 am »
the mortar carrier version would also be a nice one, could you also do the 250