Author Topic: UVS models: Salute 2021 11/12/2020  (Read 199799 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: UVS models
« Reply #390 on: April 18, 2018, 03:41:47 pm »
First bit of detailing of the Waffentrager's breech assembly.

I loosely fitted the breech guard before gluing the spent round buffer (it probably has a proper name) to the breech. I then glued both ends of the guard and cut off the tag end flush(ish) with the bottom of the buffer.

I need to assemble the pivot into the turret before I try adding the sights etc.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 18, 2018, 06:20:42 pm »
Sorry, but looking at this again confirms why I don't want to work with resin kits.  No offence to Rubicon, whose resin casting is clearly above average.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #392 on: April 24, 2018, 03:17:03 am »
There are not many kits that you can dry fit, resin or otherwise.

I have not started gluing anything else together yet.

I have added rods for some soft stowage on the rear plate and a jerry can.

The hull needs disassembly before painting and I still need to detail the turret.

Jimmy_P

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 24, 2018, 06:15:51 am »

The extra details look great  :D what else are you planning to add to the turret?

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #394 on: April 24, 2018, 03:34:19 pm »
I was inspired by Ballardian's rain cover (I had seen models with hand rails but thought that was too much "chrome" for a last ditch piece of kit).

Interior will be in two stages, one is the addition of a radio, two boxes of something, two gas mask cases and the tube for the sight.

The second will be the crew, as that will require possible scratch building and I would like to have the model painted soon. I will leave the turret unglued to allow access.

Oh, and formal apology to Ripley, my excuse was I had not seen the instructions and thought the gun mount parts were on the outside and that the  socket for the locating piece was the sight opening (I did wonder why the loader had a widget above the  turret top, at least I did not claim it was a machine gun mount ^__^).

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: UVS models: Hello to Jason Isaacs!
« Reply #395 on: May 05, 2018, 12:32:29 am »
So I have assembled and painted the Zhukov figure.

And a size comparison, [edit] Bad Squiddo female Soviet soldier, Zhukov and unpainted Bolt Action Soviet.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 02:53:19 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 05, 2018, 06:17:50 am »
nICE WORK , IT LOOK JUST LIKE HJIM . i TAKE IT THE PAINTED iVAN IS psc & THE GREY DUDE IS wARLORD ? sorry , trying to sneak on line at work when I'm supposed to be working lol

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #397 on: May 05, 2018, 02:57:27 pm »
Almost, the painted one is an Ivana (Bad Squiddo). The painted PSC are in a box somewhere I(and are incorrectly painted in Vallejo Russian Uniform Green not the more accurate Citadel XV88). Edited to make it clearer.

Well at least you have an excuse, the self quote was due to clicking post while having a quote copy open (instead of modify) so I could  post on Lead Adventure without having to copy and paste all the image links.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 03:01:27 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 05, 2018, 10:28:24 pm »
 You might have double posted but at least  you know what you should be doing . I've never got the quote thing figured out so I don't even try anymore  :-[  Bad Squido make some very nice figures , I keep forgetting to order more .

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #399 on: May 06, 2018, 03:12:38 pm »
With the surprisingly good weather for a bank holiday weekend, I base coated the Waffentrager in an attempt at a subdued splinter camouflage using Citadel rattle cans. This was sprayed over an undercoat of Citadel Chaos Black.

The first coat was Citadel Mechanicus Standard Grey. After it was dry, long triangles of masking tape were then laid over the hull. A second coat, this time of Citadel Zandri Dust was then applied. Once that was dry, the masking tape was removed and it was left in the sun for a bit longer. The hull was again masked, covering the grey and additionally parts of the dust colour. A final coat of Citadel Snot Womble Green was sprayed over it.

The running gear is still separate, I hand painted the wheels in solid colour.

The details still need to be painted and the wheels given a second coat after I have painted the tracks.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #400 on: May 14, 2018, 02:14:07 am »
Having seen another 11CV in the Spanish television series 'El Ministerio del Tiempo', I was inspired to assemble the 11CV kit I bought at Salute.

Perry Miniatures Kubelwagen for scale.

I will probably go for the "Any colour as long as it is black" option. As you can see I have used the civilian head lights.

It is a nice simple kit to assemble, interior detail would be nice, but would just slow down its completion.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #401 on: July 18, 2018, 02:54:01 am »
Just picked up another German stowage set, so my Sherman VC "Hercules" project will be progressing.

The long running Stug has been undercoated.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #402 on: July 18, 2018, 05:42:53 am »
WIP Stug III.

Lots of Rubicon stowage and spare track.

The last time I looked at this was November 2016!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 18, 2018, 06:06:30 am »
Wow , a blast from the past  :D Are you going to add the stowage rails to hold that stuff on ? A full45 gallon drum weights about 200 plus pounds , so ropes won't hold it . And check the size ( in scale ) of that crate , looks too big for an ammo box,. I cut mine in half . . And are you going to add the engine crank ( a little scratch building needed ) usually found on the rear hull plate ?  And last but not least , what color and brand of paint did you use ? I like it  :)

Taken from Track48 - Tamiya Stug build
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 07:29:33 am by ripley »

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 18, 2018, 09:18:41 am »
I hope that the plastic or metal crew of that sturmgeschutz never have to remove that spare track off of the back of the upper rear superstructure. Or the track on the right side of the superstructure.   :-\
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 09:20:59 am by H0ffmn »