Author Topic: UVS models: Salute 2021 11/12/2020  (Read 199740 times)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: UVS models
« Reply #120 on: August 07, 2016, 02:21:30 am »
Thanks.

The base colour is PSC British Tank spray over Citadel Chaos Black spray. It is almost but not quite the same as Vallejo Russian Uniform green.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2016, 04:19:41 pm »
Still have some weathering to complete on the M5A1 (my blog highlights the current woes) but here are two pictures of the model that are not too bad:

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #122 on: August 15, 2016, 03:12:48 pm »
Panther G work in progress.

Originally this was going to be painted up like Cuckoo (not as Cuckoo as it was covered with zimmerit) but for various reasons it is going to be painted as a German vehicle.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #123 on: August 15, 2016, 03:16:17 pm »
The M5A1 is as complete as it gets.

And a comparison with the Sherman (they are the same colour, but the M5A1 is grubbier).

« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 03:18:14 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2016, 05:05:37 pm »
I make haste slowly on other projects.

The German Stowage set continues to find use on other vehicles, a Weird War Puma (using a PSC Panther cupola as an IR searchlight) with Rubicon fuel drum and pump and the Stug III with crate and drum (and previously seen with added track pieces).

The wheels on the Puma will be painted separately, hence why only the outer ones are pushed on the axles.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 05:09:03 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2016, 06:55:09 am »
This is a Supply Counter for The Walking Dead game, made using part A28 from the Allied Stowage set..

The number is from the original M4A3 decal set.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2016, 09:48:54 am »
Nice use of the hessian-covered crates!  The stowage sets can be used to create really attractive objectives.  I have a couple of artfully arranged piles of crates and a big group of oil barrels.

I find attaching oil barrels to smaller vehicles like armoured cars a bit unconvincing.  They sometimes appear on the engine decks of tanks, but that's about it.  But if your Weird War vehicles are meant to be self-sufficient survivors (I'm not familiar with the game fluff), then it's fine.  I like the StuG - I think you could add even more of your wonderful soft stowage to it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 09:59:01 am by Pinky »

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2016, 05:33:01 pm »
Thanks.

If I had thought a bit more on it, I would have placed the drum on the rear instead of the spare wheel as on the side would make it unstable.

The idea for the vehicle was as part of a long range reconnaissance strike team operating behind the Western Allied lines (Allied air superiority is not a feature of Konflikt'47). Rubicon 251 and 250 models will provide transport for infantry.  They need to be fairly self sufficient, hence the fuel drums.

The setting is fine (for a "diesel-punk" setting) at the tactical level, strategically not so much as there would still be the same resource shortages that occurred in reality.

The Stug is still work in progress, I do worry about covering ventilation etc.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 05:35:05 pm by ultravanillasmurf »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2016, 09:57:59 am »
The idea for the vehicle was as part of a long range reconnaissance strike team operating behind the Western Allied lines (Allied air superiority is not a feature of Konflikt'47). Rubicon 251 and 250 models will provide transport for infantry.  They need to be fairly self sufficient, hence the fuel drums.

Maybe add some more prominent brackets etc for the stowage?  That would sell the idea that it's kitted out for long range operations.  And if you strapped a barrel on each side, perhaps with some fuel leads, it would look like more deliberate, if you know what I mean.

The Stug is still work in progress, I do worry about covering ventilation etc.

StuG crews seem to have been happy to cover the engine deck in stowage, regardless of the engine deck vents.  I've noticed that US tank crews also seem to have placed stowage over engine deck ventilation.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 10:27:31 am by Pinky »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2016, 11:44:49 pm »
A full 50 gallon /200 litre fuel drum weights 250 - 300 pounds  so strong tie downs ( chains ) would be needed , as well as a transfer pump because you wouldn't want to lift the drum on to the vehicle when full  :o .

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2016, 02:01:47 am »
A full 50 gallon /200 litre fuel drum weights 250 - 300 pounds  so strong tie downs ( chains ) would be needed , as well as a transfer pump because you wouldn't want to lift the drum on to the vehicle when full  :o .
Thanks

That is going to stress the suspension. I will see if I can remove the storage compartment on the right mudguards and add another drum for balance.

There is a Rubicon pump on the engine deck behind the drum, and a hose (solder) on the deck on the other side.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #131 on: December 02, 2016, 03:34:38 am »
So, I have removed the box and sanded the surface smooth. I need to fill the holes with milliput before fixing the second drum on the right side.

The second drum is ready for fixing and then the fuel pipe can be replaced on the deck.

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 03, 2016, 04:09:15 am »
Nice modelling your work never fails to impress My wife and I . Like yourself  I`m using the sets for Project Z ,I returned my Walking Dead K.S. brilliant sculpts but when they arrived the cars, barracades , supply cashes and some figures were scaled all over the place. Eileen and myself have 99% of our figures in 1/56th When standing next to our collection it was land of the gaints. Rubicon have given me the idea of a Military Conservation group for Zombie/ Survival games and the W.G.F Americans and Germans mix well with the Survivors, I see you use a Crooked Dice figure as your scale ref . Have you any idea how there range would work with our collection. Thank You Geoff and Eileen Maybury. Alias Airborne and Gingernut.   

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2016, 04:00:13 am »
Thank you for the photos , god you would have saved us £70 ( the total of our returned Walking dead) if we had seen these before .These are just what you need before making purchases. Love to have a Zombie info swap would you like our e-mail address.  Thank you Rubicon for allowing two modellers  to get the most from our collections.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 04:02:24 am by airborne »