Author Topic: Plasticbags for the sprue  (Read 2592 times)

Preda

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Plasticbags for the sprue
« on: June 06, 2015, 10:28:10 pm »
Hi there,

Just a quick question, the boxes of the modelkits are allready without a plastic wrapping, is there maybe a chance to remove the bags the sprues come in?
I know,weird question but i thought maybe there is a way.

Regards
Preda

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Plasticbags for the sprue
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2015, 10:40:17 pm »
Just a quick question, the boxes of the modelkits are allready without a plastic wrapping, is there maybe a chance to remove the bags the sprues come in?
I know,weird question but i thought maybe there is a way.
Preda, this is a good question.  We have a long debate with the factory on this particular issue for some time.  While we are very concerned about environmental issues, the plastic bag is an unavoidable by-product during the production process.

Each plastic bag is used to protect the sprue from mangling with other sprues during transport from manufacturing to packaging; and to catch any loosen parts that might came off the sprue.  The bag also provide a cushioning function between sprues to ease packing and shipping from warehouse to distributors worldwide.

This is why we cannot remove the bags.  For myself, I usually will reuse them as much as possible; wrapping painted models for transport and storing, etc.