Author Topic: Tank, Cruiser, Mk VI (A15 Crusader) - Project CLOSED!  (Read 48617 times)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tank, Cruiser, Mk VI (A15 Crusader)
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 06:42:10 pm »
Look what Warlord have just released.  What a coincidence...

I'll take Rubicon's plastic version any day.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2015, 04:43:29 pm »
Look what Warlord have just released.  What a coincidence...

I'll take Rubicon's plastic version any day.

Ditto.

Yes, Warlord resins have improved vastly over the last 6 months, but I would take a Rubicon kit over one of them anyday. Especially when it has various other turret options.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

sam034

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 08:20:41 am »
Even if warlord were doing a plastic one I would still chose rubicons because the tracks are gernaly so much better.

bull-nut

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 03:27:06 pm »
Given the similarities with Crusader (same tracks, wheels[though only 4 pairs each side] and turret), will we see the A13 Covenantor any time soon, or am I going to have to convert an A15 for my upcoming Home Guard force?

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 04:00:51 pm »
Given the similarities with Crusader (same tracks, wheels [though only 4 pairs each side] and turret), will we see the A13 Covenantor any time soon, or am I going to have to convert an A15 for my upcoming Home Guard force?

This all depends on demand for an A13 plastic kit.  We are still working on the moulds for the A15 right now, will see how it goes...

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2015, 11:21:15 pm »
We have just received the first test shots of the A15 Crusader Mk I/II/III/AA sprues from the factory.  Still have many blemishes that need to be patched up and fixed, but overall assembly is very smooth and satisfactory!

The Sprues A / B / C:

Close Up Views of Selected Parts:

Enjoy!

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2015, 04:14:09 am »
Wow!! That looks excellent!! I can't wait until they are released!!

sandsmodels

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2015, 06:24:11 pm »
yes that does look good

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2015, 10:02:28 pm »
This is our newly designed A15 Crusader decal sheet.  Basically 40-man-hour of work!  Everything is redrawn based on historical records...

Any comments welcome!

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2015, 10:33:15 pm »
Well that's very impressive.  Looks as though everything anyone could need is there.  Who won the decal design competition?

You've included the 46th and 51st Infantry Divisions (the tree symbol and the "HD").  Would they have had Crusaders?  Crusader AA's were issued to armoured units, not infantry units, so these markings wouldn't be appropriate for them.  Just checking.  I don't recognise the marking beside 1st Armoured's - is it Polish?

It's rather obscure, but is there any chance of including the 9th Australian Divisional Cavalry?  Apparently they used Crusaders as well.  It looked like this (although noone seems to be sure if the tanks actually wore it):
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:04:26 pm by Pinky »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 10:54:13 pm »
Well that's very impressive.  Looks as though everything anyone could need is there.  Who won the decal design competition? 
It's rather obscure, but is there any chance of including the Australian 9th Infantry Division?  Apparently they used Crusaders as well.  It looked like this:
As it turned out, no one actually submited anything except you... YOU WON A CRUSADER!

We had the image of the Aussie 9th Inf Div drawn, but did not included it on the decal.  Could pull a less important one out and replace it with your request... you did win the competition!

;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2015, 11:00:45 pm »
I edited my earlier post - I raised a query about the two infantry division symbols you included.

I was the only one who entered?  That's rather disappointing.  Still, I'm sure it's no reflection of the popularity of this kit.

I found a cool name, if you're interested - "Skyraker", a Crusader AA.  And the only photo of a Crusader with a bridge plate I could find has the number "20".
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 11:08:43 pm by Pinky »

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2015, 11:17:19 pm »
I edited my earlier post - I raised a query about the two infantry division symbols you included.

I was the only one who entered?  That's rather disappointing.  Still, I'm sure it's no reflection of the popularity of this kit.

I found a cool name, if you're interested - "Skyraker", a Crusader AA.  And the only photo of a Crusader with a bridge plate I could find has the number "20".
Our Crusader Mk I & Mk II can be build with a 3 inch howitzer of the 2-pounder as "Combat Support".  We know they were used for that role in Africa hence included two infantry divisions.  But they can be replaced any time.

The Polish Crusader AA - Skyraker (together with its corresponding markings) is basically on every decal sheet that we came across... we will pass!

Pretty sure the desert version of the Crusader has a bridge number of 19 and the AA version is 21.

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2015, 01:49:33 am »
Our Crusader Mk I & Mk II can be build with a 3 inch howitzer of the 2-pounder as "Combat Support".  We know they were used for that role in Africa hence included two infantry divisions.  But they can be replaced any time.

The 3-inch howitzer-armed Crusaders were part of the armoured units - for example, they might be attached to squadron headquarters.  They weren't fielded as separate support weapons in infantry divisions.

The Polish Crusader AA - Skyraker (together with its corresponding markings) is basically on every decal sheet that we came across... we will pass!

"Skyraker" was from 22nd Armoured Brigade, but fair enough.

Pretty sure the desert version of the Crusader has a bridge number of 19 and the AA version is 21.

Tamiya's Crusader AA has an 18.  Osprey's Crusader book has paintings of a Crusader III and an AA, both with a 20.  The restored Crusader III at Bovington has a 19.  It looks as though Tamiya are right about the AA (see the photo of "Skyraker" below). 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 10:50:23 am by Pinky »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2015, 08:08:51 am »
I've often wondered if the Allies decided to mark AFVs in American tons ( 2000 lbs  ) instead of British tons ( 2,240 lbs ) just to avoid  confusion make it simple for loading ships and landing craft ? Example M4 Sherman 66,500 lbs : US tons -33.25 tons , Brit tons - 29.60 . The difference could cause problems on light / small bridges  etc . It might explain why some vehicles are marked differently .  Any thoughts ?  Oh , and the Canadians also had some Crusader  AA tanks in service as well , so if your looking to add to the decal sheet ...... ;D