Author Topic: My wish......  (Read 8154 times)

Capt_Croft

• Cadet
    • View Profile
My wish......
« on: February 17, 2015, 02:11:24 am »
German winter tanker crews, in more dynamic poses. A nice 250/1 neu, riders for same, stowage, battle damaged side skits for stugs and Pz IVs.....etc etc

A nice change would Italian tanks
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 03:57:15 am by Capt_Croft »

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: My wish......
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 02:27:37 am »
Yes a plastic set of tank crew figures from all sides would be great . Tank riders are easy to make by converting Bolt Action plastics . The Russian and Germans are easiest  to do , just cut the legs off under the tunic skirt and adjust to fit your setting . The US and Brits are much harder to do IMO as you have to get the waist and crotch of the figure matched up . Those long tunics on Ivan and Jerry hide a lot of bad putty work  :-[ . Rubicon is working on stowage sets  , see  the appropriate thread . Damaged side skirts are easy to due by either cutting up the kit supplied skirt or making your own out of Evergreen plastic sheet and structural  strip for the rails .You could even use plastic window screen and make the late war Thoma screens .

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 03:56:28 am »
Would you like none combat pose `s set for a camp, with rodding the barrel, preparing food, etc, along with the classics of controlling the tank.
Cheers

Capt_Croft

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2015, 08:17:27 am »
For me a pack of half figures/ quarter figures, all combat posed. I'm not looking to make dioramas. Heavy camo jackets for the Germans , a rider set for the halftrack ...... This is a wish list right  8)

A panzer IV j would be cool.

robbie039

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2015, 05:57:08 pm »
Some Japanese Tanks (mainly the type 97 Chi -ha), cold war tanks as well
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 06:04:33 pm by robbie039 »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2015, 09:23:13 pm »
A couple of Marder variants based on the Pzr 38T chassis.  They were small, so it should be possible to get enough parts for at least two types on the sprue.

I'd also love some tank crew of various nationalities.  But I think Rubicon is still struggling to find a suitable sculptor.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2015, 11:44:54 pm »
A couple of Marder variants based on the Pzr 38T chassis.  They were small, so it should be possible to get enough parts for at least two types on the sprue.
I'd also love some tank crew of various nationalities.  But I think Rubicon is still struggling to find a suitable sculptor.
Name the Marder you want, Pinky!  Getting a suitable sculptor (particularly a digital artist) is not easy!  We already rejected many...

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2015, 08:12:33 am »
How about the same combination that Plastic Soldier Company do?  SdKfz 138 Marder III and SdKfz 139 Marder III.  The early Marder in particular is a very popular vehicle with modellers. 

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2015, 11:51:16 am »
How about the same combination that Plastic Soldier Company do?  SdKfz 138 Marder III and SdKfz 139 Marder III.  The early Marder in particular is a very popular vehicle with modellers.
To do a Marder III, we have to start with a standard 38(t) chassis.  We are studying the different variations... there are at least 2 versions of the driving sprockets, 2 running wheels, and up to 7 idler wheels... Easy to do it in 1/100 or 1/72 scale; but in 1/56, you will need to put in a lot of thoughts!  Also, PSC tend to "forget" some variation detail differences, which we know YOU will definitely point it out to us after we release our 3D drawings (if we were to do one)!

Being that said, we are seriously looking into doing some more early war vehicles for the axis and allies next year.  So don't be surprise if there is a 38(t) or Marder III included.

PS: Your comments are always welcome!  ;)

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2015, 07:37:53 pm »
Also, PSC tend to "forget" some variation detail differences, which we know YOU will definitely point it out to us after we release our 3D drawings (if we were to do one)!

Yes, I would...but to be honest I had forgotten that the basic Pzr 38T chassis was modified for some of the variants (I made the same mistake earlier when suggesting Sherman variants - forgot the VVS details changed).  And you're right - PSC can get away with more in their scale.  But I think PSC realised that even they couldn't include the Hetzer with their other Pzr 38T variants, because the suspension was different.  I'm sure the SdKfz 138 Ausf H and SdKfz 139 Marder III were built on an unmodified Pzr 38T chassis.  The later SdKfz 138 Ausf M Marder III had a modified chassis (and the engine moved to the front). 

Here are the two variants I mentioned - maybe too many small details to fit both versions into one kit, but I bet it would be a good seller if you could! 

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 01:09:56 am by Pinky »

Suetonius Paullinus

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 01:55:22 am »
A Rubicon Marder would be nice but now the it has been mentioned I'd rather have a plastic Hetzer!
:-)

Cheers

SP