Author Topic: Modern Military Vechiles  (Read 7674 times)

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
Modern Military Vechiles
« on: February 09, 2015, 01:03:58 am »
With the increase popularity of weird war 2 games and the development of Korea, Nam, Arab /Israel and all the Balkan conflicts etc. Will you expand to cover these type of machines, it would be good to see some of the Russian Btr wheeled APC `s seen all over the world in so many armies. Resin as its place but nothing matches up to the quality kits you are giving in plastic.
Cheers.

Lenzman

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Military Vechiles
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 01:20:52 am »
I think the market is not big enough to produce vehicles of the "Cold War" era.
My neighbor is listening to techno. Wether he likes it or not.

robbie039

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 08:36:49 pm »
I would like to see figures and armour for post-WWII Conflicts, on a 1/56 scale.
and some WW II verhicles where still in use  in the 80's.
I think there is a small but growing market for them.

Grasshopper

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2015, 04:40:35 am »
I believe there is a market for cold war/modern vehicles, especially as there are new rules coming for both periods from several companies.  I would buy Russian T-55/62/72s if they were available, plus several BTRs.  Also British and American vehicles of various types. 

Suetonius Paullinus

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2015, 08:23:29 pm »
While I would certainly like to see all this eventuall as well (and a plastic Leopard 1) I would much prefer someone to tackle modern infantry in plastic first. Most 28mm modern rules I know of are for skirmishes/ smaller scale engagements and with only a limited number of vehicles if any.

But it's definitely something for the future  8)

Cheers

SP

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2015, 04:10:34 pm »
But is there really a market for modern armour in this scale?  I've noticed that there are very few modern armour kits in 1/48 scale, which suggests to me that modern armour modellers prefer 1/35 scale.  Given the ranges involved, 28mm isn't that well suited to modern era wargaming (it's already a stretch for ww2). 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 07:26:16 am by Pinky »

bull-nut

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 10:42:14 pm »
MBT not so much, but I can see the appeal of APC/IFV type vehicles such as BMP, Warrior or M113 for some more urbanised/CQB modern warfare games. I'd also like to see a Centurion mk3 or 5 for some Korean war action, it was only 5 or so years after the end of the war in Europe after all.

airborne

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2015, 03:51:32 am »
I`d just like some plastic Hummers, Bradley, Abrams, and strikers. At the moment all these are in 1/87, 1/72, 1/48, and 1/64 but most are Resin in 1/56  I`m to old at 60 years young to change scales, besides they could double up for Si/Fi in Dc Heroes or Zombie games. 

Grasshopper

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2015, 05:53:59 pm »
Having seen the playtest of Fighting Season by Too Fat Lardies I believe that there is a definite market for modern vehicles.  Maybe not so much the MBTs like Abrahms and Challenger, but certainly the smaller vehicles.  Cougar MRAPs in 4x4 and 6x6 with options to build US or British versions in one kit would be good.

Laffe

• Private
    • View Profile
    • The Figure Fanatic Blog
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2015, 06:36:27 pm »
Stuff like civilian trucks like the Toyota Hilux for use as technical would also sell very well, I think, if you include some weapon options.

Not only used by insurgent but also by US special ops.

robbie039

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2015, 03:14:37 am »
several new Coldwar rule-sets are in the pipeline or all ready on the market : force on force for example

Morsleib

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2015, 01:33:24 am »
Force on Force is the market leader. Technicals are readily available in other materials but we are crying out for a Mastiff MRAP. Hint - Empress confirm they have no plans to make one now that we are out of Afghanistan.