Author Topic: PANZERS PANZERS PANZERS  (Read 4430 times)

olsianon

• Cadet
    • View Profile
PANZERS PANZERS PANZERS
« on: January 28, 2015, 07:26:02 pm »
Hi to ALL :)
Fresh Painted Great Rubicon Panzers :)
I hope you like it :)
C&C are Most Welcome ;) !

DAK Panzer III N 15.PzD

DAK Panzer III J 15. PzD

Hermann Goering PzD Panzer III M

Panzer IV G / H 12th SS PzD

CHEERS!

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: PANZERS PANZERS PANZERS
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 12:14:02 am »
Very nice.  I like the fact your weathering isn't overdone, and you've brought out the detail very well.  It's a shame the Ausf N is inaccurate, and your Ausf J is actually an Ausf M.  I like the Ausf M with Schurzen the best.  But I think anyone who saw any of these on the wargaming table would be very impressed.

Klank

• Cadet
  • Why stop now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 02:07:20 am »
Fantastic work> One little comment: your tracks... I'm a retired armored vehicle veteran and I can tell you for sure when in use a tanks tracks get polished down to the bare metal from contact with the ground and unless you are operating in wet/mud conditions they stayed surprisingly clean. In the sand they can get so polished they almost shine in the sun. I've even sat there in the field, looking at our vehicles tracks thinking to myself how back in the day I had modeled tank tracks so wrong... ???

I'd remove the tan from the tracks on your models; especially the Africa Corps ones. unless you are modeling mud (which is a different animal altogether). I'd paint your metal track darkened gun metal (add some black to it), or wash the gun metal coat with black then dry brash with gun metal again followed by a light dry brush high lite with silver.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 02:20:02 am by Klank »
Klank

olsianon

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 03:44:41 pm »
Very nice.  I like the fact your weathering isn't overdone, and you've brought out the detail very well.  It's a shame the Ausf N is inaccurate, and your Ausf J is actually an Ausf M.  I like the Ausf M with Schurzen the best.  But I think anyone who saw any of these on the wargaming table would be very impressed.
Thanks Pinky!
I hope that Rubicon will made some upgrade sprue for Panzers IIIs ?!
Anyway beside this inaccurate issue i think RM Panzers are the best in this moment.
CHEERS!

Fantastic work> One little comment: your tracks... I'm a retired armored vehicle veteran and I can tell you for sure when in use a tanks tracks get polished down to the bare metal from contact with the ground and unless you are operating in wet/mud conditions they stayed surprisingly clean. In the sand they can get so polished they almost shine in the sun. I've even sat there in the field, looking at our vehicles tracks thinking to myself how back in the day I had modeled tank tracks so wrong... ???

I'd remove the tan from the tracks on your models; especially the Africa Corps ones. unless you are modeling mud (which is a different animal altogether). I'd paint your metal track darkened gun metal (add some black to it), or wash the gun metal coat with black then dry brash with gun metal again followed by a light dry brush high lite with silver.

Thanks Klank :) and BIG Thanks too for weathering tracks tips :D
I agree with you I done too much mud on panzer tracks.
CHEERS!