Rubicon Models > Work In Progress

StuG III Ausf G - Project Reboot 170801!

(1/12) > >>

Rubicon Models:
As promised, here is our Boxing Day present to you all...  StuG III Ausf G - Early / Mid / Late Production (product code 280017).

Features include:
- Choice of Early / Mid / Late production
- Option to assemble vehicle as a StuH 42 with 105mm Howitzer
- Choice of the original trapezoid-shape mantlet or the Topfblende pot mantlet (often called Saukopf "Pig's head") gun mantlet with or without coaxial mount
- Detachable Schürzen (side armour)
- Optional rear stowage rack
- Optional spare road wheels
- Optional periscope
- 3 sprues / 54 parts

The 3 versions of the StuG III Ausf G:

Option to do a StuH 42 with 105mm Howitzer Gun:

More photos of the StuG III Ausf G:

Some close up views:

Size comparison with various vehicles:

Comments and constructive feedback welcome!
;)

Garga:
This is really a fantastic addition to your range... Thank you!

Pinky:
Looks really good - it's great that you've tackled the StuG.  The only omission that's noticeable is the non-slip pattern on the mudguards.  I think you mentioned before that this was quite tricky to mould (although you did it on your Panzer IV).  The air intakes are also a bit bland - they should have a mesh pattern, or at least some slots.  The wheels look right - assuming they have large and small holes and no protruding bolts.  Good on you for re-doing these, rather than sticking with the Panzer II's.

I do have a query about the exhausts.  My sources show that the Ausf G had two fairly flat, angular mufflers, with quite stubby exhaust pipes.  The exhaust pipes were angled, rather than curved.  The deflector shield seems to have fitted over the top of this, so that the exhaust pipes angled around it.  Can we see a better photo of the exhausts on your kit?   

Laffe:
Looks good, but I echo Pinky's comment about the non-slip pattern.

Cha1nzz:
iv picked up a few of your kits now and as a veteran modeler i must say i am very happy with what i have had from Rubicon thus far....i look forward to to this as it's basically the tank i am missing from my Germans....so the only question that really needed to be asked is when do plan to get this out to masses ????

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version