Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Work In Progress / Re: T-26 Soviet Light Infantry Tank - More Line Drawings 170524
« Last post by tyroflyer on August 21, 2017, 12:20:35 PM »
Pinky, as I'm thinking it you're typing it! Wow.
Work In Progress / Re: T-26 Soviet Light Infantry Tank - More Line Drawings 170524
« Last post by Pinky on August 21, 2017, 12:16:38 PM »
Wow, that's very cool.  You might be about to set a record for the number of variants in a single kit!
Different flavours of the T-26 for your liking...

Enjoy!
;)
The T-26 tank was a Soviet light infantry tank used during many conflicts of the 1930s and in World War II.

It was a development of the British Vickers 6-Ton tank and was one of the most successful tank designs of the 1930s until its light armour became vulnerable to newer anti-tank guns. It was produced in greater numbers than any other tank of the period, with more than 11,000 manufactured. During the 1930s, the USSR developed 53 variants of the T-26, including flame-throwing tanks, combat engineer vehicles, remotely controlled tanks, self-propelled guns, artillery tractors, and armoured carriers. Twenty-three of these were series-produced, others were experimental models.

We will try to focus on T-26 variants produced in between the Spanish Civil War and WW2.  Probably 4 to 5 different turrets, and minor alterations on the hull.

This is a T-26 M33 being used as our base design:

Enjoy!
;)
Showcase & Gallery / Re: Various WIP
« Last post by ripley on August 21, 2017, 07:31:17 AM »
Still no work done on my tanks  ::) But my Russian Calvary is coming along quite nicely . They're a Perry Civil War Calvary / BA Russians kit bash . Vey easy to cut them up , the tricky part is finding   arms that don't make riders look spastic

This conversion will work with BA Japanese and German plastics as well , I had a few legless bodies around from various projects to test it on . My next project will be a horse transported anti tank rifle ( and an horse drawn  artillery piece , gonna have to buy more horses ::) )

General Discussions / Re: What's Warlord up to?
« Last post by ripley on August 21, 2017, 07:10:51 AM »
I want both the Rubicon and Warlord Maultier , can never have enough transport . Plus I have a few kit bash ideas I want to build , before someone does a kit of them , and everybody has one  ::). Hopefully the BA plastic troops are more to scale than those in their 251 D . Their metal seated figures look good in my Rub . Opel Blitz

Za Rondiny!

Brings back memories of 'seventies comics.

I will  need to look at the Uncle Emcha book.
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on August 21, 2017, 05:17:47 AM »
They're kits made for warlord and not just rushed up/downscaled kits.
I did wonder as PSC have recently released the Blitz in 15mm (and have ceased to publish the instructions on their website).
« Last post by EarlyWarGamer on August 21, 2017, 03:31:43 AM »
I will very likely get the Warlord Opel/Maultier, as it works out cheaper, and comes with a squad of passengers.  Debating getting just one to start, or getting three and being done. Wondering if the kits are designed so the rear wheels can be removed, and the tracks put in their place (magnets perhaps) so that I have the ability to mix as needed depending on the scenario.

I actually tried to get a Rubicon Opel a few months back, and if that order had worked out, I would be getting two more from Rubicon. But the item was back-ordered, then they said they had it, but not the other stuff, and asked me to wait 3 more weeks. I waited 7, and never heard back from them, so just cancelled the order. Very frustrating. I won't deal with that company again.

I prefer working in plastic, and hope Rubicon continue to release vehicles suitable for early war. Unfortunately for them, I just acquired an Sd.Kfz 7, so their upcoming model will not be on my purchase list. I do hope they eventually work that into the Sd.Kfz 10 as that was the main hauler for so many early war bits and bobs.  And nobody else has a 10, in plastic or resin.
@Pinky, you might be correct in terms of reasoning, but creating a different decal sheet will upset our product costs estimates and packing procedure as well.

Anyway, here is a Soviet-only decal sheet for comments...
Will see how things progress over the next few days!

Comments please!
;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10