Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Work In Progress / Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Wirbelwind turret 180117
« Last post by Rubicon Models on January 17, 2018, 06:21:56 PM »
I hope the turret armour and the quad can be painted separately and then assembled later, even with the top section removed it would be difficult to paint the quad.

The Flakvierling is a single piece (after assembly) and can be painted separately before glueing it down to the turret (together with the gun crew if you wanted).  The upper turret piece should be a snap fit to the bottom piece with ease after painting the interior.  Then you can cover the interior with masking material (towel, masking tape, sponge etc) for the outer surface paint job!  ;)
Wish Lists / Re: Two fantastic kit ideas for Rubicon Models -
« Last post by Tracks on January 17, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
For some reason Warlord did not follow up on their Blitzkrieg Germans with BEF plastics, even though they have done the campaign books for early war and Sea Lion.

I too found that strange, and I think a lot of gamers/modelers were surprised by this fact. A lot of the members in my gaming club were actually getting excited thinking that they would release more for the early war line, but were all disappointed in the end when it never materialized.

As for the T26, well, one of the great consequences of Rubicon Model's T26 model kit is that there is a potential for a lot of options other than Soviet.
I hope the turret armour and the quad can be painted separately and then assembled later, even with the top section removed it would be difficult to paint the quad.
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on January 17, 2018, 05:05:13 PM »
As a number of contributors have mentioned, there is a scarcity of early war vehicles for all sides in plastic (from both manufacturers).

The T26 is Rubicon's first early war tank, I have mentioned previously that I think having opposing forces vehicles is the best way to kick start a period.

I am guessing that when the Panzer IV library is complete, that a Panzer III one will follow.

I hope that the Matilda will be included in their portfolio (YMMV).

For some reason Warlord did not follow up on their Blitzkrieg Germans with BEF plastics, even though they have done the campaign books for early war and Sea Lion. Theoretically they have access to the deaths of the early Cruisers released by PSC.
General Discussions / Re: Converting a Sdkfz 234/1
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on January 17, 2018, 04:50:47 PM »
Now what to do with extra Puma turret kits ?
Build paper (leicht) Panzers with them.
http://forum.rubiconmodels.com/index.php?topic=243.msg8340#msg8340
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on January 17, 2018, 04:46:09 PM »
Yes, the tyres were a serious letdown.

I filled them with Milliput and put the best four at the ends.

I also lost a steering link, but that was just incompetence on my part.
« Last post by Tracks on January 17, 2018, 04:23:46 PM »
i could use a couple of 6pdr kits

Speaking of British guns and vehicles, there doesn't seem to be a lot in plastic kit form. One British tank I'm surprised that is not made in 1/56 (28mm) scale plastic is the Matilda II (III & IV). Yes, I know the Matilda II is available in resin, but the Warlord Games resin Matilda II is crap. The one you can get from Blitzkrieg Miniatures is much better, but it is still resin.
Work In Progress / Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Wirbelwind turret 180117
« Last post by Rubicon Models on January 17, 2018, 02:43:49 PM »
Not much update since late November last year...

With the Panzer IV Digital Library basically completed, we are now readying the files for mould making. At the same time, we are already making expansion sets... A Wirbelwind turret that will replace the original Panzer IV one on a late production model...

Enjoy!
;)
« Last post by ripley on January 17, 2018, 11:36:38 AM »
Yea it was a PIA to get all that under carriage stuff to fit right . I added discs to the wheel backs to fix that problem , all thought they should have been full wheels to start with . I'm going to give it a go eventually , Ive got the add on kit on order , 1 to be used on a 250 neu . Going to built a 234/1 as well as I have the 20mm turrets coming too . Just waiting for a sale on plastic 234/2s  ::) . Now what to do with extra Puma turret kits ?
« Last post by Pinky on January 17, 2018, 10:42:58 AM »
Who's going take the next step and use the 250/8 , 251/9 add on kit to make a 234/3 ?

Not me.  I like this and other 234 variants a lot, but I don't like the Italeri Puma kit.  The axles are a pain, and the wheels are hollow.  I'd rather wait for Rubicon to tackle the 8-wheeler series.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10