Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Updated LVT(A)-2 drawings... now with detailed interior, plus the LVT-2!

Enjoy!
;)
Work In Progress / Re: Neucraft Resin - Resin Samples 170822
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on August 22, 2017, 04:16:44 PM »
Bonus points for two instances of part 9 on the R35.

« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on August 22, 2017, 04:06:53 PM »
Nice. I expect some 11CVs to be appearing as scenery.

I have only just noticed, but was the tank assembly instructions created by a different person to the 11CV instructions? I ask because the alternative gun assemblies are shown for the tanks but the alternative headlights are just described not shown.

Actually while writing this I noticed that the two tanks have different styles of instruction for the turret (because one has two turret options I assume).

All are perfectly reasonable for a model of this kind and (with the exception of not showing what the two headlights look like, I assume that they are numbered on the sprue) should allow their assembly with no problem.
Intriguing.

So there is an M4, M4 hybrid, M4 105 and something else.

My thought would be an M4A1 hull (assuming there is a blanking plate for the hull MG for the Firefly).
General Discussions / Re: Q3/17 New Releases - Box Art #4 - 170822
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on August 22, 2017, 03:42:22 PM »
And the CMP!
Yay!

« Last post by Rubicon Models on August 22, 2017, 03:36:45 PM »
Test cast sample of our resin vehicles just arrived at our studio!

Enjoy!
;)
First test shot for the M4/M4Hybrid Sherman... Note our new layout for the plastic sprue too!

Enjoy!
;)
General Discussions / Re: Q3/17 New Releases - Box Art #4 - 170822
« Last post by Rubicon Models on August 22, 2017, 02:49:10 PM »
PaK 36 box art posted...
Nice.
Work In Progress / Re: M4 Sherman - M4A2 Decal Sheet - Soviet Version (??) 170821
« Last post by Pinky on August 21, 2017, 12:25:43 PM »
@Pinky, you might be correct in terms of reasoning, but creating a different decal sheet will upset our product costs estimates and packing procedure as well.

I was suggesting that you simply drop some of the options from the decal sheet.  You're trying to cover too many bases, and ending up not doing justice to your 76mm version.  So I thought you should drop the Poles and the French, and focus on the British/Commonwealth and Soviets. 

I've also just realised that you don't have any US Marines markings at all, yet the Marines used the 75mm version of the M4A2 (the large hatch type was common in the Iwo Jima and Okinawa campaigns).  You'll presumably want a Marines version to compliment your forthcoming LVT models.  Marines Shermans didn't have a lot of markings - mostly call signs and tank names (the Marines had some good tank names!).

How about this:  cut down the number of British markings (arguably you don't need all the squadron symbols, or so many different arm of service markings).  Include some more Soviet markings - mostly turret numbers/symbols.  And include a few Marines markings.  That would cover the most important users, and the versions most likely to be required by wargamers.   
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10