Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Showcase & Gallery / Re: UVS models
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on June 26, 2017, 03:13:46 AM »
Ainsty do some metal suitcases and pots and pans (I have not been able to find them on the site).

When I find mine I will put a photograph here (plus I will have the code).
Showcase & Gallery / Re: Various WIP
« Last post by ripley on June 25, 2017, 11:58:02 PM »
A couple of up dates . Here's the tank riders I've tried to catch in the act of landing .

This was just a straight leg swap , but I overlooked one guy having puttees and the other guy , tall boots  ::) Green stuff to the rescue . I gave one guy loose hemet straps to try and depict motion ,what do you think ?

Here's a rear shot of my Stalin showing the cast effects on the turret , just added some very thin strip plastic around the MG mount and then covered with GS . Quite effective IMO  8)

More work on the KV hull , added damage to the fender and I decided to scratch a open fender box . I've done this before in 1/35 so its not too hard . Getting the lid curve is a little tricky though . What to do , cut to size then curve  or curve then try to cut to size . A half dozen pieces of plastic later and a few nicks to the  fingers with the Xacto and I think this will do . Now to find kit to put in the box . The Wydawnictwo Militaria / Tank Power  vol. LXXXI  ( KW vol. III ) 320  book has diagrams of what's in each box ( Polish text / English captions )

« Last post by ripley on June 25, 2017, 11:41:45 PM »
Nice little vehicle .Great use of the stowage bits . Really hope Rubicon make a more generic stowage set , maybe with suit cases , small barrels / kegs ,  a bicycle , even saw a picture of a piano on the rear deck of a T-34 :o . I've pretty much picked clean all my HO train and 1/35 scale stuff that would work for 1/56 .
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on June 25, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
Epic Fail on my Spot Hidden roll...

As I mentioned, I have an unfinished T34/85. I have decided that is my next project to finish.

So I looked through my sprues boxes for the remaining bits and pulled the instructions out of the instructions folder.

No sprue C (lights, tool boxes and one fuel tank - the others being in the sub assemblies box for the T34).

Turns out that I had looked at the sprue and thought it was one of the Tiger sprues.

The illustration that will be is inspiration is the bottom photograph on page 33 of the Tankograd book on the East German T34. Lots of stowage.
General Discussions / Re: A Half Year in Review @RM - 170611
« Last post by ultravanillasmurf on June 25, 2017, 03:30:28 PM »
On the subject of scale, there is a growing market for 15mm and 1/48 scale models.

The larger scales do seem to have multiple manufacturers bringing out models of the same vehicle at the same time.
I agree with you EWG. You might also find a gamer with 1939 Finns or Poles to take on your Soviet T-26.
« Last post by EarlyWarGamer on June 25, 2017, 03:07:04 AM »
I don't see why Rubicon would go larger and enter the 1/35 scale market, when there are loads of kits already out there in that scale for modellers.  Tamiya pretty much owns that scale, with other manufacturers contributing models as well.  Also don't see why Rubicon would go smaller and enter the 1/72 market. Lots of kits already available in that scale, and the competition would he fierce to carve out any sort of market share.

Whereas 1/48 and 1/56 are the two competing scales for many 28-32mm figure wargamers, and other than Warlord, there is nobody else trying plastics.  Seems to me that Rubicon's best shot at financial success is to stay in the two scales they currently run with, and continue to expand those lines.

I can see Rubicon branching into other wars, just not other scales.
Work In Progress / Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Eye Candy - 170623
« Last post by Ballardian on June 24, 2017, 08:06:51 PM »
 While acknowledging that it's likely that the attachment points for schurzen in different materials is going to be a little fragile, I'm very happy to see Rubicon having a go at them.
  I think that a strip of plastic card attached to the back of the skirts, matching up with the attachment points on the model could provide a better weld with the kit, holding them on more robustly.
« Last post by tyroflyer on June 24, 2017, 07:47:57 PM »
Rubicon have indicated an interest in 1/72 and 1/35. I'm a bit surprised at the larger scale. I'm not likely to be in the market for 1/35 but if I was the attraction of the larger model for me would be the increased accuracy of the model (just as a larger soldier enables a more detailed figure). A low parts count being less important as the size increases. It will be interesting to see how successful this approach is.

Very excited at the prospect of a plastic, multi-model version T-26 kit. I am planning out an early war soviet force at the moment, and any plans to add to the variety of available models suitable for 1941-1942 is wonderful news. I think most prefer to game the late war with all the heavy hitters, but I find the early war stuff more interesting.  Glad to see Rubicon is not only interested in the mid to late war vehicles.

I understand there is no ETA for this kit, so I can only wait and wonder. But hopefully when it becomes a reality, sales will be good enough to encourage other early war goodies!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10