Author Topic: 1/56 (28mm) Modular Buildings  (Read 53649 times)

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: 1/56 (28mm) Modular Buildings
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2015, 03:33:23 am »
Any more news on these exiting products.

This is still pretty much a work-in-progress project.  We have gone through a few revisions of  the basic design, but the development cost is still quite high.  Need to put more work into the design and cut the budget down to a controllable scale so that we will not lose money on it!

:-\
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:48:26 pm by Rubicon Models »

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 04:24:52 pm »
I have to say, I didn't think the prototype really captured the look of the kind of architecture that you see in photos of the campaign in France and Germany.  Even the proportions looked a bit 'off'.  I realise it's very challenging to produce workable modular buildings, but I'm glad you've continued to revise the design.  I do wonder whether you'd make your money back on something like this.  It would end up as quite a large kit, and I'm not sure how many people would invest in it.  I guess you already have an idea of how well plastic scenery for games like WH40k sells.

Ad

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2020, 06:45:56 pm »
The hardest part of making buildings is to make the Windows and doors that are geometric and uniformed. I would like too see a mixed window / door set and lattice shutters in the scenery range for town or farm buildings.

There would not be a need to make wall sections as you can get different plastic brick work card from Wills HO scale railway scenery so it would keep the cost of production down and less parts too deal with.

I have some 1/72 Miniart buildings I got 8 years ago.......there are so many parts and they all look the same as they all have the same components. Just to say, my enthusiasm for attempting to make them has diminished.

I have the industrial wall set that I would like to convert into a damaged building so a Normandy or Eastern European building accessory set would be helpful.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2020, 04:54:20 am »
Just for accuracy, Wills (now a wholly owned subsidiary of Peco) is scaled for the UK standard 4mm to the foot (1/76 scale).

Slater's Plastikard and Southeastern Finecast (other manufacturers are available) do embossed wall materials.