Author Topic: Dodge Truck Series  (Read 10696 times)

Old Guard

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Dodge Truck Series
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2018, 10:34:37 pm »
OK a swift dabble in necromancy. I love dodge weapon carriers! so much so that I am looking at owning one...a real one, at some point . There's a divorce to get out of the way first  ::) not to mention saving more pennies! but since I have a friend with a jeep I've just got to have my own vehicle

Anyhoo- I see the comments and I think we kind of lost our way here as this started to go down other avenues away from the original post.

Lets just focus on the Dodge.  its the most iconic and there are likely enough variants that it would warrant 2 kits, one with the standard weapon carrier ( and the gun carriage options) possibly being able to accommodate the 6 wheel option? and another that has the command car, ambulance and the ....cant remember the name of it but its a windowed box body. The alternative is one kit and several 'add on' options.

It ticks the boxes in what I perceive Rubicon want to achieve, serving the war gaming community but also the scale modeler. I know what you mean about rules and vehicle use but I  think there is a bit of chicken and egg here- do you wait for the rule writers (who also make kits) to  add new items before you do them or do you do them and let the community apply pressure for rules. I'm picking armies that are a bit different  with odd or unique vehicles just so they aren't run of the mill or, fairly standard armies but keeping historically accurate so, Lloyd carrier ( THANK YOU!!!!!)  towing my 6 Pounder rather than a Bren carrier, because that's what the historical material says they used... So good folk....if you wouldn't mind, can we get the Dodge on the list please?

PS - picked up some of the latest releases at Warfare this weekend- Much goodness!  the LVT  and the 88 are superb! Good to See Steve and Andy on the Rubicon stand - met them earlier in the Year in Bovington- and a fine job they were doing too!