Author Topic: SdKfz 10 Halftrack  (Read 23075 times)

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
Re: SdKfz 10 Halftrack
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2019, 06:30:41 am »
The upgrades to mount anti-aircraft and anti-tank weapons upon it.
Also to have various artillery for this vehicle to tow. 

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2019, 09:55:51 am »
Quote from: elias.tibbs
Right, what are we all going to ask for next? :p

M3 Medium tank (Also known as the Lee or Grant)
or
Panzer II

Quote from: Jaeger
Also to have various artillery for this vehicle to tow. 

Rubicon Models already has available very good and very useful artillery pieces:
German Flak 36/37
German Pak 36
German Pak 38 or 97/38
German Pak 40
The latter three were commonly towed by the SdKfz 10. The 88 (Flak 36/37) of course would be a bit too big for the little SdKfz 10 to tow over long distances. However, no worries because Rubicon Models also offers the SdKfz 7 in plastic kit form  to tow the famed 88.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 10:17:07 am by Tracks »

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2019, 10:06:20 am »
I second the M-3 Lee/Grant

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2019, 05:21:44 am »
Pretty sure they said the M3 medium was due at some point as they were using VVSS with the return roller directly above the boogies for it. Would make me wonder which mark of M3 medium they would make, or if they’d do the same as what they did with the Sherman kits.

Even if they don’t release all of the marks to begin with, they could still design it that way just incase.

How about a resin M2 medium kit? Just count all the MMGs...
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2019, 07:50:05 am »
Various marks of the Lee / Grant could be made if the hull sides were molded flat with you adding the doors/ vision ports  to sides depending on the version your modelling . The different style / size rear stowage boxes , groucer stowage boxes ( on glacis and over the driver ) , later model armored fan covers , bow MG plugs , and even the longer 75mm and counter balanced 37 could all be separate add on ( drill out a hole ) piece . Its the engine deck / rear plate exhausts that might be a pain , but who needs the diesel version of the Lee anyway ? The road wheels / track will be sorted once the early M4A1 kit is released

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2019, 08:20:05 am »
Pretty sure they said the M3 medium was due at some point as they were using VVSS with the return roller directly above the boogies for it. Would make me wonder which mark of M3 medium they would make, or if they’d do the same as what they did with the Sherman kits.

Yes, Rubicon did say that they would make the early VVSS suspension for the M4A1, and have the suspension available for use on upcoming M-3 Lee/Grant tank kits,and the M-7 Priest.
 I seconded the suggestion by Elias because I'd really like to see a plastic M-3 Lee and a M-3 Grant kit.

jamesvalentine

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2019, 10:13:31 pm »
I'd love a cast hull Lee.
It looks so cool.

elias.tibbs

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 22, 2019, 06:31:10 pm »
Everyone else does he riveted hull, so it’ll be different.
"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."
A (Cam)Bridge Too Far - A UK based Bolt Action Tournament

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2019, 07:53:00 pm »
All though very cool looking , both versions of the cast hull never made it into combat , training only . Although one does show up in Bogart's 1942 movie Sahara as a wreck , so pretend combat then

jamesvalentine

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2019, 06:42:24 am »
That's the great thing with a company wanting to cater to modellers. They have no excuse not to do the cast  8)