Author Topic: The Panzer IV Digital Library - PzIV Ausf H Painted 190816  (Read 189610 times)

H0ffmn

• Corporal
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Decal Design 190331
« Reply #405 on: April 02, 2019, 09:41:48 pm »
And don't forget what television and the movies have taught us about vehicles used in North Africa , and throughout World War 2. M-47's were used by the both the axis and allies , with different paint jobs. They must have had really thin armor, if two jeeps in the desert with .50 caliber machine guns could wreak havoc upon them

Jaeger

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 05, 2019, 08:38:31 am »
There is sand and there are palm trees in other places besides North Africa.
But there was an movie about an Italian elite unit that according to the story saved the Afrika Korp at El Alamein.  The various vehicles used in the movie include M-47s , M113s and many others appearing on both sides of the battle.

It could be a lot to ask for individual sheets targeted to specific years: 39 - 42, 43 - 45 and North Afrika. 

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: April 05, 2019, 10:45:26 am »
Well , Rubicon already have 3 Panzer Division sets , 1 SS set , 2 Heavy Tank unit sets as well as a AK set and turret number set , so a rethink and reissue might be a good idea now that the original decal run is almost out of stock  . Personally except for the turret number set  lacking red or black inside the white lines , I find all the sets they have now work well for me . If anyone needs a specific Panzer div insignia , just let me know, I'm sure I can spare a few

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #408 on: April 05, 2019, 02:34:41 pm »
There is sand and there are palm trees in other places besides North Africa.
Like Devon and Cornwall?

^___^

jamesvalentine

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 20, 2019, 10:35:16 pm »
I said on Facebook so I'll say here that in conjunction with this kit I still strongly feel like a generic "Axis" decal sheet would be awesome. Though sold separately for ease.
Romania.
Hungary.
Finland.
Etc
Allot did use the Panzer IV in some guise or another.
And it seems only fair since Sherman has Poland.  France. Britain. America and Russia.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - DAK Ausf D Assembly 190508
« Reply #410 on: May 08, 2019, 10:04:31 pm »
While our Q2/19 new releases are still in their final production phase, our studio staff are fortunate enough to get hold of a few Panzer IV sprues. With some creativeness, they are working on several Panzer IV variants with minor conversions... Here is a DAK Panzer IV Ausf D before painting!

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #411 on: May 09, 2019, 12:27:09 am »
I noticed the engine doors.

A good start.

EarlyWarGamer

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 09, 2019, 03:43:55 am »
Nice!

Pinky

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 09, 2019, 10:10:07 am »
This would be one of the first Panzer IVs I attempt.  There are some nice touches on this - another defining feature of DAK Panzers is that they tended to be festooned with spare tracks.

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
« Reply #414 on: May 10, 2019, 12:33:19 am »
- another defining feature of DAK Panzers is that they tended to be festooned with spare tracks.
And water bottles...

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Panzer IV Preview 190521
« Reply #415 on: May 21, 2019, 02:04:53 pm »
Here is an early preview from our upcoming new Panzer IV plastic kits. Just look at our attention to the refined details...

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Panzer IV Preview 190521
« Reply #416 on: May 21, 2019, 03:48:29 pm »
Nice.

I can certainly see the practical application for that.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Trauchpanzer IV 190524
« Reply #417 on: May 24, 2019, 11:37:53 pm »
This is our Tauchpanzer IV with betriebsstoffanhänger conversion using our upcoming Panzer IV Ausf D/E kit (280076) and kitbashing the fuel trailer. Tank crew are also converted using our plastic Panzer Crew set (284041). Enjoy!

Background History

The Tauchpanzer IV (literally “dipping tank”) was a version of the Panzer IV designed to be driven underwater. It was developed for use in the early stages in the planned invasion of Britain in an attempt to provide armour for the first vital stages of the landing.

A number of Panzer IIIs and Panzer IVs were turned into underwater vehicles. The idea was they would be carried most of the way across the English Channel before being lowered to the seabed. They would then drive across the sea floor and emerge onto the British beaches.

To achieve this the Tauchpanzers were made waterproof. Every opening on the tank was sealed with a waterproof compound. The cupola, the mantlet for the main gun and the hull mounted machine gun were covered with rubber sheeting which could be blown away once the tank had landed. The turret ring was sealed with an inflatable rubber ring, which could be deflated one ashore. Air was provided through a long hose connected to a float on the surface of the sea.

The Tauchpanzer IV was a successful design, but the cancellation of Operation Sea Lion left them without a purpose. They were instead issued to the 18th and 3rd Panzer Divisions, where they operated as normal tanks. The Tauchpanzers did operate underwater on one occasion, when on 22 June 1941 volunteer crews from the 18th Panzer Division used them to cross the River Bug underwater early in the German invasion of Russia.

Enjoy!
;)

ultravanillasmurf

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Blog:
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Trauchpanzer IV 190524
« Reply #418 on: May 25, 2019, 01:03:28 am »
Very nice work.

I cannot remember where I saw a film of them being demonstrated in what looked like a swimming pool.

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: The Panzer IV Digital Library - Panzer IV Ausf G 190605
« Reply #419 on: June 05, 2019, 08:52:43 pm »
A slightly converted Panzer IV Ausf G based on our new release Panzer IV Ausf F/F2/G/H (280077) plastic kit.

The tank was painted depicting a PzIV Ausf G from Regiment 3 of the 2nd Panzer Division near Kursk, Russia in 1943.

Note that the whole Schürzen support is a SINGLE piece design so that you don't need to fiddle around with small bits of plastic, trying to attach and align them onto the Schürzen.

Enjoy!
;)