Author Topic: Artillery - with horse drawn limbers please  (Read 2094 times)

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
Artillery - with horse drawn limbers please
« on: September 30, 2019, 04:15:43 am »
Both the Germans and Russians had a majority of their artillery drawn by horses , and since Rubicon has got horses in the list of things to release and they mention further releases of artillery , I thought they might combine the two and give us some Russian 45mm ,  57mm or 76mm guns , limbers  and the teams to go with them . And a German 105mm or 150mm howitzer with a 8 horse team would look pretty cool . The Russians also used their limbers with vehicles , so multi version kit could be possible ( different wheels and shaft length )

Really wish I could get a clearer version of this to be able to figure out what these Russian limbers were attached to gun wise

Here's one I bashed up from various bits ( GW box , Tamiya 1/48 wheels ) to go with my PSC 76mm Infantry gun ( the half track is just a stand in till I get the M3 Scout car )

thunderplunk

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Re: Artillery - with horse drawn limbers please
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2019, 04:37:47 pm »
I'd also like to see some Soviet artillery in the future. In addition to the guns already mentioned, a 122 mm howitzer M1938 would be a great addition since those seem to be impossible to find – the only one I can see is Trenchworx, and theirs is marked "out of stock" despite being a made-to-order 3D print.