Author Topic: Out of Stock Items  (Read 5737 times)

Eclaireur

• Cadet
    • View Profile
Out of Stock Items
« on: July 18, 2021, 05:30:00 pm »
There's a few things gone out of stock, and I think Rubicon have explained that's due to some of the supply chain disruption of Covid and what have you. But specifically ...
- is the T34/76 coming back into stock at some point or is it being re-designed?
- there's some of the pewter or resin items also gone out of stock, but presumably a different reason for that if not coming from China? Or does it?
cheers
EC 

Rubicon Models

• Administrator
  • Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Out of Stock Items
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2021, 11:15:07 pm »
Out of stock items:
Most out-of-stock plastic kits should get restocked together with our new releases in about 10 days or so.  The shipment is currently in transit.

T-34/76:
We had planned to redesign this kit but was cancelled due to project backlogs.  We might reconsider at a later date but definitely not this year!

Pewter & Resin Items:
Due to stricter environmental protection laws in China, we had to relocate part of the production facility to another location.  Production should resume shortly after the relocation.

Resin Kits:
In the past, all our resin kits are "factory-cleaned".  Due to increased labour and material costs, we have decided not to remove the "gate" from all resin parts so that we can keep the retail price unchanged.

New Releases:
International shipping costs, air or sea freights, are currently 5 to 6 times higher.  While keeping retail prices unchanged, we have to manage shipments carefully to save costs, thus affecting new release dates.  It is something that is affecting all trades, not just ours.  As a small business, this had affected our operation seriously.

Hope this clear thing up for you all.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 01:10:48 am by Rubicon Models »

Eclaireur

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 12:49:45 am »
Thank you for the answers - much appreciated
EC

ZRV

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 11:20:04 pm »
If you guys redesign T-34 family to the level of your latest kits some time in the future, it would be great!

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 11:30:03 pm »
What kind of redesign on the 34/76 ? Better detailed track ? Driver 's hatch opening with driver instead of molded solid ? Turret interior ( gun breach / crew seats ) on the 1940 model turret ? I think its a great as it is bar the track face , but that can be hidden with ground cover and mud

ZRV

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 02:01:04 am »
Open driver hatch and turret interior is nice but not critical.
Better tracks would be nice improvement . So as optional mixed wheel arrangement (front/rear rubberized, 3x middle - steel) since it was the most numerical. Optional UZTM turret and commander cupola for 1943 version. Rounded front edge.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2021, 09:41:22 am »
Optional mixed wheels might work better if they were cast as singles like in 1/35 than as a set in 1/56 . That being said , with a chisel blade its easy to do a little kit bashing

I agree an Uralmash turret would be awesome , the one you get in the BA kit is way undersized and a weird shape , I needed lots of Green Stuff to make it look right  . And yes it would be great to have the raised commanders cupola , my attempts at making a resin copy or two haven't exactly been a worth keeping

viclineal

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2021, 06:03:43 pm »
T-34/76:
We had planned to redesign this kit but was cancelled due to project backlogs.  We might reconsider at a later date but definitely not this year!

I hope you can fit this into your future schedule.

My only wish for a redesigned kit is to include the shorter L-11 gun with its characteristic mount for the model 1940. It is a bit strange that the current kit provides a number of details for the model 1940 but not its main distinguishing feature in terms of performance.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 06:05:22 pm by viclineal »

ZRV

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2021, 02:39:06 am »
Optional mixed wheels might work better if they were cast as singles like in 1/35 than as a set in 1/56 . That being said , with a chisel blade its easy to do a little kit bashing

I agree an Uralmash turret would be awesome , the one you get in the BA kit is way undersized and a weird shape , I needed lots of Green Stuff to make it look right  . And yes it would be great to have the raised commanders cupola , my attempts at making a resin copy or two haven't exactly been a worth keeping

I doubt chiseling out wheels is a good solution when you have to do number of them on each side. Especially considering that mixed wheels were standard on thousands of T-34/76 in 1942-43. Single wheels is definitely the best option in this case but it’s up to Rubicon.
I also second L-11 gun on 1940 model.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2021, 07:26:12 am »
I guess it depends on how many T-34s you need . Most guys playing Bolt Action only have a couple ,  as tanks are a large point sink in what is generally an Infantry game  . I just like to build models , and have 17 T-34  tanks in 1/56 , they take up a lot less space than my 1/35 scale ones do  ::)

Tracks

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2021, 09:15:01 am »
If you guys redesign T-34 family to the level of your latest kits some time in the future, it would be great!

To be completely honest, I am completely happy with the current line of T-34 kits Rubicon Models produces - I have several of them. These kits are still some of the best model kits out there, and look fantastic on the gaming table when assembled and painted. More importantly, they go together very easily (and quickly). Especially when comparing the T-34 kits to something newer kits like the Panzer IV. Yes, the Rubicon Models' Panzer IV kits are fantastic, but I still think the T-34 kits are still fantastic too.

I'm just saying; from a very long time miniature wargamer's point of view more than an ex-die hard modeller's point of view.

ripley

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2021, 10:17:39 am »
Except for the track face detail , which I can live with , I really love the Rubicon T-34 kits . I can't really see what they can do to improve them . I would rather Rubicon work on developing  new kits

ZRV

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2021, 04:04:51 pm »
They are very nice models! But not up to the level of the latest Rubicon kits. There are few things which could make them rather more accurate.
Yet, I’m not proposing major overhaul of the model. Just wanted more variants being represented (like Shermans, Pz.III etc).
I can live with existing tracks as well.  But optional wheel arrangements, wheels with later type rubber bands (T-34/85), optional turrets will make a significant difference.
Frankly, T-34 line does not have to be reworked. Upgrade kit would be just fine. I wouldn’t mind to pay for it.

Eclaireur

• Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2021, 06:02:30 am »

These kits are still some of the best model kits out there, and look fantastic on the gaming table when assembled and painted. More importantly, they go together very easily (and quickly)

I agree entirely Tracks - hence my attempts to buy another T34/76 ! I've commented elsewhere that having recently built the Valentine, which I found a little too much in terms of number of parts + detailing, I think the early kits were a better build for many wargamers. Tho of course I admire Rubicon for striving to make better kits, eg with the Sherman project ...
EC